I've Changed My Bulbs!

Wikinoob

Hi all,

First mod done to my Mk2 vRS  ;)

Well its been a week of crap weather :rain:  so thought it's a nice day :sun:  so i'd change my bulbs! I ordered some Osram Nightbrekers the other day and just got round to fitting them... I must say the look much brighter than the original bulbs (which i fear i could see less than 200yards on a pitch black dark straight road). It only took me 20mins to do the change, 5mins was on the passenger side and 15mins was spent on the drivers side which is a right little **** and ripped off my skin in the process. I will rant though, who the hell invented the bulb holders SATAN  :devil: talk about horrid, i was made to hold the bulb whilst gently using a small flat driver pop the holders either side (can be done just be patient and gentle).

Below are some photos for you all, along with my Skinned hand  :p

qfnzJ3I.jpg

CJCvke3.jpg    

SNhqXvi.jpg

puXrPog.jpg    uWswmSB.jpg

Now for a much deserved  :coffee:

Cheers all  :blush:

• Like 1

Little bit of Blood/Skin on the job makes it a worth while job!! Not worth £8 PER BULB Halfords charge!!!

Really noticing, recently, how crap the OEM bulbs in my Greenie projectors are!! Might have to bite the bullet and get some Nightbreakers!!!

These are good H7 bulbs even though classed as 'off roaders'. In my Cave VRS they are still not that bright due to the bad design of the halogen, had to pay import tax though

Opted for a green tinge on mine :

https://www.eurodezigns.net/collections

Internals changed to green:

Car Lights

Map Readers

Glove Box

If they are H7 and classed as "offroaders" then I'd reckon that they are not 55W, maybe 80W?   Now that must be annoying for other road users - will it not be?  Or are you saying that you have retro fitted HID that have an H7 fitting?

They are 55W H7 but there was disclaimer on the box saying check legality as they were USA. I would say with naked eye they are about as bright as night breakers. Photo is bit bright as sidelights are definitely not as bright as that and they are standard

Edited by Kobayashi