Bumper/Headlight removal

How easy is it to remove and replace the headlights and bumper on a Monte?

Looking to fit HIDs but I have fat hands and want to be as close to OEM as possible. Looking to hide the wiring and ballasts wherever possible so may as well take a day and do it.

I found it not too bad but did have a ramp which made life a lot easier. I also took arch linings off to make things even easier again. Can imagine it being a pain without a ramp.

http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/fabia-mk2/body/body_work/bumper/front_bumper/summary_of_components_of_front_bumper_(as_of_03.2010_facelift)/

I managed most of it this morning, tried to fit the bulb back in and wouldn't fit so had to put the originals in.

It's only when I got back in the house I realised there's a plastic cover over them. Wondered why they were so big!

Yeah I've changed mine in place.

As for the bumper...

Wheel arches out with a selection or torx bits. Really it needs jacking up and the wheels off or going lock to lock every time to get access

A few pop screws along the bottom of the bumper

2 on the front and 2 screws

2 awkward places screws holding the bumper to the wing with limited access.

Then you will see the awkwardly placed headlight bolts, 1 at the front, one at the top and one awkwardly placed one down beside the wing.

Easily managed without removing bumper but yes fuel filter out of the way is a must! Just be ready for cut hands as all manufacturers don't like anyone to have skin after working on their cars.

When my bulbs went on a backroad Sunday blast it took the guy at Halfords 15 mins to do the right one and less than 3 to do the left one lol

Wish I knew how to do it that easily, bulbs on the left went in about, about 20 minutes total.

Standing here in the freezing cold trying to get the right one in. Is super glue road legal? Might just wedge them in, job done.