Fuel tank only takes 40 litres

I'm clearly missing something here, I don't really care how big my tank is or how many litres it holds.

All I know is that is does roughly 400 miles from full to empty (when the car tells me to refuel).

If I'm having a bad day and forget to refuel when the light comes on it isn't an issue as I know I still have around 100 miles left before the car tells me I have '0' miles left, and even then I know I can push that 30 or so miles further.

• Like 3

Ditto.  As soon as the warning light came on I filled up.

Never got more than 43 litres in.

The Skoda fuel warning system is definitely not fit for puprpose IMHO.

Hi FGW, how far down into the red is it when you can only get around 40 litres into it? It does seem that your fuel gauge might be a little too conservative - I assume that both diesel and petrols have identical fuel tanks fitted - can anyone confirm this?    

Hi the fuel guage is on zero

the trip computer is on zero the most i can get in is 42 litres (have tried this on the last two fill ups)

Hi the fuel guage is on zero

the trip computer is on zero the most i can get in is 42 litres (have tried this on the last two fill ups)

See my post above...... How are you filling the car?

I'd expect a 50l tank to contain 50l of fuel. But I'd not expect to roll up to a petrol station with a bone dry tank. I usually fill up asap when the warning light comes on. I'm delighted to have a warning light rather than just guessing when I need to fill up.

What colour do you expect a black box to be?

When low fuel lamp came on today I think range said 60 miles.

I ran till range said 25 miles then filled with 45 litres of unleaded.

Range then said 435 miles, rising to 445 miles a few miles later.

Dash display said 45 mpg for my fairly gentle drive today on a mix of motorway, A roads and city.

Haven't checked my or brim to brim calculations but will be less.