It arrived!

Ordered my Superb SEL Exec on June 29th and it arrived today (not an issue with Skoda, it's because of the way our company cars are ordered) and I love it.

Business grey estate, 18" modus, black alcantara interior, tow hitch, front sensors, internal leds, Kessy, is the full spec and it's everything I had hoped it would be.

It's the 2.0tdi 150 with the 6spd manual box and it would suit an auto much better but I just couldn't get it in budget. Still drives pretty nicely as it is though. I'm gutted to be losing the power I had in my 330D tourer but this is pretty much twice the car in every other way. It's comfortable (having driving 8 miles!) and very well appointed.

No photos as I'm sure you've all seen one before, but I'm chuffed to be part of your gang.

Looking forward to working out how to get the stereo to link to my phone.

• Like 3

Ordered my Superb SEL Exec on June 29th and it arrived today (not an issue with Skoda, it's because of the way our company cars are ordered) and I love it.

Business grey estate, 18" modus, black alcantara interior, tow hitch, front sensors, internal leds, Kessy, is the full spec and it's everything I had hoped it would be.

It's the 2.0tdi 150 with the 6spd manual box and it would suit an auto much better but I just couldn't get it in budget. Still drives pretty nicely as it is though. I'm gutted to be losing the power I had in my 330D tourer but this is pretty much twice the car in every other way. It's comfortable (having driving 8 miles!) and very well appointed.

No photos as I'm sure you've all seen one before, but I'm chuffed to be part of your gang.

Looking forward to working out how to get the stereo to link to my phone.

Interesting you prefer the Skoda to a 330 D.  When I was looking I was close to going for the Beemer as opposed to the Skoda.

In what ways do you think the Skoda is better?

It's bigger, much bigger (and bigger is better right?), and my 330D was a 2006 E91 which means the superb is a 10 year newer car so the interior design and feel is much nicer. Although I must say I wasn't in a colleagues 2016 320D earlier in the week and to be honest it didn't seem a great jump from my old one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it won't be a patch on the way the 330D was to drive with the rwd and an incredible engine, but I'm just after a mile muncher now so this is just the ticket.

• Like 1

Bloody typical, 100 miles on the clock and I get two chips/cracks in my field of vision, each is about 1/2" - 3/4" in diameter and and they are 1/2" apart. Presume unfixable other than having a new windscreen. Superb.

Barely made a sound, just how thin are these windscreen? I've had large stones bounce up off the road when I had my 3 series and make a hell of a bang with no damage.