Hi, I have a skoda octavia vrs, 2006, 2.0tfsi and I have issues with multiple warning lights on my dash.  It started with what I believe is the engine management light (bottom left of the left display) I took it to a garage who said it was the purge valve? They tested it and said there was nothing wrong with it so leave it and reset the light however the light comes on again every few days.  Have took it back to several garages who say they can find no fault?? The engine does run very "lumpy" when this is on especially on idle. So few weeks later, I got air bag fault come on and it wont go off, then I get a rear passenger brake light defective but bulb is fine?  Then I had the tyre pressure light come on yet pressures are all fine, the abs light (no mechanical fault) and the esp light come on! The last 3 all came on at the same time and they randomly go off and on as it suits them!

Checked all fuses, no shorts, no earth fault, no broken wire etc etc. I have bought a fault code reader and have to reset the purge valve fault but the rest wont reset and dont show as any fault code at all!! Really am at my wits end with this now!! If anyone can help I really would appreciate it as MOT is coming up soon and it has more lights than my xmas tree!!

my email is [email protected] if anyone wants to message me any details.

Is the car starting ok? The Octavia can go haywire if your battery is dying. I had a code for a purge valve but no light. I removed it and tested it but it seemed fine. Cleared the code and came back straight away. Replaced valve had no trouble since.

The airbag light won't go out by itself even if the fault is fixed. It will need cleared by vcds or a code reader. The airbag fault will probably be either a broken wire inside the rubber boot that comes from the door or a bad connection in the yellow block connector under the two front seats

I had check the engine light first time it was purge valve and second time I replaced the carbon canister all good since if it's running as if it wants to cut out it could be a faulty breather valve which the previous owner replaced on mine, if it's working properly when you remove the oil filler cap with engine running the engine should start to run lumpy then recover when you refit the oil filler cap if not its faulty

The airbag light we've mentioned. I'm sure that is an easy fix. The engine light will be either the purge valve ( cheap as chips ) might be worth replacing just to rule it out, or as above charcoal cannister. The abs/esp/tpm light could be related. Abs sensor or bad wiring. It might be worth checking those.

Edited by meaty101

The TCS ABS and ESP will be a corroded ABS ring sensor on one of the wheels. Will mean a new hub required unfortunately. Not the cheapest job. Will need to get fault codes read to see which wheel is giving the intermittent fault.

It's a common problem. I had to replace both rears on my mk5 golf at about £300.

We had a weird ABS fault light that kept coming up but no fault was ever found. Replaced the battery with a higher capacity one and never had the fault since. Never had any starting issues just the weird error. May be worth trying another battery.

Got the Bosch but the Varta is identical:

http://www.justcarbatteries.co.uk/s5008-bosch-silver-096-battery.html

Edited by FatblokeVRS

What fault code reader are you using?

If it isn't VCDS then you'll be going around in circles.

See here for someone close to you with the proper equipment...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/224376-vcds-owners-map/

Each time a warning light appears on the dash a fault code is almost always logged. Generic fault code readers are great for the basics but VCDS is tailored for VAG cars and will get you what you need. Once the fault codes are downloaded you can fault-find here...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes

Edited by silver1011

The TCS ABS and ESP will be a corroded ABS ring sensor on one of the wheels. Will mean a new hub required unfortunately. Not the cheapest job. Will need to get fault codes read to see which wheel is giving the intermittent fault.

It's a common problem. I had to replace both rears on my mk5 golf at about £300.

I was going to say this as I had the same fault on my MkII. If you can't find a VCDS owner near you, it could be quicker and potentially cheaper to have a Skoda dealer to scan your car and at least give you peace of mind and a clear idea of the fault or faults.