Microfibre question

VRSmarty

Hi guys and girls, my name's Martin and I'm a new boy round here.

I've got a load of dirty microfibre cloths which have been used for various duties but the main three are buffing off polish, buffing off wax and general cleaning.

My question is can I bung these in the washing machine to clean them? Getting to the point now that I have more dirty ones than clean ones.

T'internet as usual says yes and no so I wanted to hear what the briskodians are saying to it.

My biggest concern is f**king up the washing machine and/or getting wax on my/my wife's/the kids clothes for the next year and getting a clip round the ear off my mrs.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hi guys and girls, my name's Martin and I'm a new boy round here.

I've got a load of dirty microfibre cloths which have been used for various duties but the main three are buffing off polish, buffing off wax and general cleaning.

My question is can I bung these in the washing machine to clean them? Getting to the point now that I have more dirty ones than clean ones.

T'internet as usual says yes and no so I wanted to hear what the briskodians are saying to it.

My biggest concern is f**king up the washing machine and/or getting wax on my/my wife's/the kids clothes for the next year and getting a clip round the ear off my mrs.

Thanks in advance!

Simple answer is 'yes'. Just use normal powder but no softener as this will affect their ability to do their job. You could of course jump on the band wagon and buy the MF cleaner to put in with the cloths. I wouldn't put greasy ones in with those used for buffing etc.

I'm fortunate to have a separate washing machine for my detailing stuff so never mixed these with normal laundry.

Edited by Chubbs
  • Like 1

Yes you can-as above it's a good idea to separate them out. I use woolite liquid to wash mine with but have used other washing lquids in the past and again as above don't use conditioner. I then tumble dry them on a gentle drying program

I've seen on 't web not to use washing powder in case it doesn't fully dissolve.

Good luck

• Like 1

As above, a normal wash program at 40 or 50 degrees, whatever washing liquid you normally use but don't put conditioner in the drawer as this sticks the fibres in the cloth together making them effectively useless.

Happy washing.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

I typically stick to a 40degC or less cycle with a non-bio liquid - never add conditioner.

Be careful to avoid powders and any undissolved soap powder particles or residue etc.

Woolite is recommended, as are some of the newer Nanolex, Adams MF washes.

I also do a final "delicates" tumble dry on my MF's to fluff them back up "as new".

• Like 2