Winns Claims management

Glynn

Hi just after a quick bit of advice if anyone can help?

Was involved in an accident today non-fault (but will probs end up 50/50 grr)

Phoned up chris knott claimline to start the process of claiming against third party. However the claimline does not actually go to chris knott disappointingly, it goes to an accident management company Winns Solicitors.

Just wondered if anyone has had any prior dealings with them before? Also are these no win no fee management companys any good or am I about to get "shafted"?

Probably. I used my insurance company's "recommended" service after someone backed into my van a few years ago. They lost all interest once the repair had been priced up and the promised repair and courtesy van didn't transpire.

I eventually got a courtesy van by giving my insurance broker some proper grief. Two days later the claims company told me that claim had been processed so the courtesy van needed to go back now.

I told them I was keeping it until the money was in the bank, and after a few weeks of "the cheques in the post, so the hire van needs to go back now", I finally got the cheque (dated two days earlier).

Yeah sounds about right. I did some more digging on google and decided to go straight to the actual insurer. Seems like alot of these companies are absolute nightmares to use and you end up paying them money

Edited by Glynn

• Sponsor

Also, you won't get shafted Glynn, we wouldn't use anyone who conducted dubious business practices. The idea is to help you to get what you need swiftly if it's a non-fault accident or take details and refer you to your motor insurer if it's likely to be a fault claim.

If, at any time, you're not happy or need us to help/comment/chase/get involved, please just contact me on here or call our number and we'd be very happy to do so.

best,

Nick