bonnet vents on mk2?

had a focus st last year with bonnet vents in, the rs come with vents so obviously suited my st, just wondered if anyone has done it? not sure if it would look well or look cheesey, sorry if its been asked i cant find anytjing on here or google about it

snh i read your thread i think you've done an awesome job with that, forgot you did vents on that, how much of a job was it? alot of fibreglass sanding and spraying?

SNH used cool louvres who are a company that have been around for years they press the louvres into your bonnet so all original metal just a respray will be required afterwords , 

• Like 1

Are they in areas where you have high pressure under the bonnet and low pressure above it?

Bottom ones feed cold air straight into the enclosed heatshield for the filter and the top ones expel hot air.

snh i read your thread i think you've done an awesome job with that, forgot you did vents on that, how much of a job was it? alot of fibreglass sanding and spraying?

No fibreglassing as there pressed louvres. Took about 4 hours and did it while I waited, Bren at cool louvres has been around many years but stopped doing it for a while, recently started back up as more of a hobby rather than full time. Really knowledgeable guy and explained a lot and what would and wouldn't work, the bonnet will need painting afterwards so factor that in to the cost.

Bottom ones feed cold air straight into the enclosed heatshield for the filter and the top ones expel hot air.

Well, certainly that's the idea, but it's not that easy with louvres. If the front set were a NACA duct then that would feed cold to the filter box, but extract louvres only work when the pressure on their "blow" side is below that on their "suck" side.

Well, certainly that's the idea, but it's not that easy with louvres. If the front set were a NACA duct then that would feed cold to the filter box, but extract louvres only work when the pressure on their "blow" side is below that on their "suck" side.

Fronts aren't extract the rears are.

20160927_172535.jpg

20160927_172524.jpg