looking a spare key

Safest way is dealers but after coding the new key in it will be £150-200 unless you have a very nice dealer who will do it a bit cheaper.   Ebay is an option but I would not be doing it, they get 16 digit number off you etc but then people you dont know have your details!  I think if you google Auto key cutting there are a few dedicated companies who may have a slightly cheaper solution.  

Could always try your insurance. 

PM me and I'll send you a mobile number for an auto key cutter that has done a lot of keys for Briskoda members, as well as many other vag group forums.

His username on here was 'Actionman39' or something like that if you'd prefer to message him that way.

JRJG

• Like 2

If Timpson have made the crossing, then they do a bog standard ( no remote type ,just  coded) key for around £100. Advice from the men in Orange vans was to ask around the locksmiths as they've decided that the stealers have been on a good thing for far too long and they'd like a slice of the profit.

(by Jrjg) Should of asked: where abouts are you in the world?
I assumed England :nerd:

Edited by VWD

It can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it. Several people on here have the correct kit to extract the SKC, buy a used key (ebay/breakers), don't worry about the badge, best advice is to stick with the same p/n, then spend a fiver on a *new* transponder, have the blade cut by your local key cutting place and code in using the SKC with VCDS or find someone local who can. If you have the software and are lucky enough to have the SKC in your paperwork then it can be done with change from a tenner. If not then £10-15 for a used key or £20-30 for a copy with new transponder, £3-5 for a blade cut + software (VCDS alone now pushes £280 delivered!), so remember that when offering beer tokens.