Fabia Delivery

Hi all,

Ordered a bog standard Fabia s model but was shocked to find out its a 3 month wait for delivery to the uk. Is that fairly standard do they ever arrive quicker or usually later than estimated? 

What if any benefits would upgrading to a maxi dot display on the car offer?

thanks in advance. 

I bought a Fabia DSG SEL and got within three weeks,it is good wee car but to get the best out of it you've got to make sure you keep the mileage up or it drains the battery.This is due to all the technology used on the car,this is what Skoda told me,also at the first year service the service report showed that the back discs were scored and defaced they said this was because of the low mileage the car had done in the year which was 2642.

Good luck

5 hours ago, eiggol said:

I bought a Fabia DSG SEL and got within three weeks,it is good wee car but to get the best out of it you've got to make sure you keep the mileage up or it drains the battery.This is due to all the technology used on the car,this is what Skoda told me,also at the first year service the service report showed that the back discs were scored and defaced they said this was because of the low mileage the car had done in the year which was 2642.

Good luck

surely that was from stock or one that was ordered but had no owner??

Edited by Jeffchiz

Can you not get a better deal or similar or cheaper price on something in the UK now or coming in before March.?

Dealers will be desperate to sell something as Fabia are not exactly selling like hot cakes or in great demand.

No idea what the story is with build times like you are being quoted, the factory must be keeping the capacity available foe Face Lift Octavia and the Kodiaq or something like that.

Edited by Offski

Yep. I think I'm going to have words. They said the expected delivery date was 31st march when I ordered. I really don't want to have to wait until May. They said it was a factory order and there wasn't anything else avail when I ordered it. 

1 hour ago, Oasismad said:

Been told it's build week 20 anyone got an idea what that means? They told my wife that and she didn't think to ask what it refers to :dull:

Week 1 is the first week of the year and so on, so week 20 is the 20th week of the year and the week your car will be built, once built its a week or 2 to you getting your new car :) 

They said that skoda don't seem to keep many S models ready to ship and that it was a factory order, but after being told exp delivery date was 31st march dismayed if it's now arriving in may. Hopefully my wife misheard or the dealer manager got his info incorrect whilst my wife was picking up her new car. 

I'm going to pop in the dealership in the next few days to check. 

Edit: after a quick phone call it turns out it's due to be built on week 9. 

Edited by Oasismad

I ordered my Skoda Fabia Estate 1.2 TSI 90 BHP Ambition (SE trim) 29/11-2016 (week 48)

It left the production line sometime during week 2 of 2017. 

It arrived in Denmark this Monday (week 5) and arrived at the dealership yesterday or today.

It will be ready for pickup in week 6.

The dealer offered me a free loaner from Friday and until my car is ready for pickup. Most likely because he promised me that the car would be ready by week 5.

So about 2,5 months from order to pickup, with a slight delay.

The days gets longer and longer as we get closer to the pickup date.

I ordered my Fabia Monte Carlo estate on the 20/01 and today had an email from the dealer saying it had been penned in for week 12 but had been bought forward to Week 9. Hopefully be here in March so it can fall under the current VEL bands rather than the £140 band in April. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seandesy1 said:

I ordered my Fabia Monte Carlo estate on the 20/01 and today had an email from the dealer saying it had been penned in for week 12 but had been bought forward to Week 9. Hopefully be here in March so it can fall under the current VEL bands rather than the £140 band in April. 

Pretty much the main reason I wanted main to arrive before the end of March too! Fingers crossed we both get them in time! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oasismad said:

Pretty much the main reason I wanted main to arrive before the end of March too! Fingers crossed we both get them in time! 

I have been told week ten build for my SE L DSG estate. The dealership said they hoped it would arrive in time and that they will register straight away. Touch wood. 

2 hours ago, Tokenminds said:

I have been told week ten build for my SE L DSG estate. The dealership said they hoped it would arrive in time and that they will register straight away. Touch wood. 

When did you order it? 

29 minutes ago, Oasismad said:

When did you order it? 

11th of January. Whilst the dealer said they hoped it would be in before April, I have just noticed that the paperwork gives an estimated delivery date of the 17 of April

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Oasismad said:

Just spoken to my dealer and my cars been built and should be making its way across to the UK in the next couple of weeks hopefully. 

Excellent! That's very good news. I will have to contact my dealer and see if there's any updates. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.