ASR wiring

Um  why??.  What problem are you trying to fix? One wire and brown is going to be illumination and possibly the other 2 to make the contact to trigger the ecu mode. Are you trying to make it switch on with the engine every time?

8 minutes ago, felicia16v said:

Um  why??.  What problem are you trying to fix? One wire and brown is going to be illumination and possibly the other 2 to make the contact to trigger the ecu mode. Are you trying to make it switch on with the engine every time?

I am just having a little play to see if I can get this to work for a bit of that's all baha 

IMG_2147.JPG

OK but you will need a momentary type switch not on off . You need to use a multimeter on the switch wires to see which ones make contact when it's pressed and use those. But there will be a resister in there somewhere that tells the abs that the switch has been disconnected from the wiring too. Not as simple as it looks I'm afraid. 

5 minutes ago, felicia16v said:

OK but you will need a momentary type switch not on off . You need to use a multimeter on the switch wires to see which ones make contact when it's pressed and use those. But there will be a resister in there somewhere that tells the abs that the switch has been disconnected from the wiring too. Not as simple as it looks I'm afraid. 

Ah okay okay 

I have a multimeter at the ready..

ah okay thanks for the information, may have to chose my next step wisely 

OK

pin 2 Brown wire = Ground

Pin 3 Black/Green wire = 12v Ignition supply from fuse 25 10amp

pin 4 Blue/Yellow wire goes to pin 27 on ABS unit

pin 6 Grey/Blue wire = Illumination supply

• Like 1

On 04/02/2017 at 21:48, felicia16v said:

tidy did you have to use a resister in the end?

No I found that not wiring in the illumination wire worked a treat!

so the ignition supply went into live 

ground to ground 

hen the wire that goes to the abs port 27 for the light on the switch