Getting right f********* off now

pee81

So i decided to book a days holiday and have a bit of me time and give the abarth a wash and wax session all was going well,the sun was shining and it wasent too cold (compared to recent weeks) After washing i decided to apply another layer of waxaddict quartz (thinly) the wax went on with ease and buffed off without any drama (or so i thought). Fast forward to  tea time and its now dark so the street lights are shining on the car and to my horror every panel thats been waxed looks as if i havent buffed the bloody stuff off :angry:.

So out comes the q/d and microfibre and eventually the wax starts to buff off but by this point its also trying to rain so i dont understand why the residue didnt show up during the day when it was sunny i even used two different cloths to buff the wax first time round. Really tempted to chuck a few quid at a pro and get them to correct my car as this as really ****ed me off and just dont seem to have enough time to do a proper correction and i feel like my confidence is shot lol (whoe is me)

Anyway apologies for the rant heres some pics from earlier when i thought the car car great.................

028_zpsgwvpwvcp.jpg

029_zpsxdogdkmb.jpg

030_zpsevulga5a.jpg

032_zps4qkiwxut.jpg

033_zpsue8r4zx9.jpg

Edited by pee81
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Could be worse. It could have been a large car you had to go back to and redo.

Oh god I think I'd have lost the plot if it was a proper size car lol

Still, beats a day at work eh!

So how long was the wax on the car for before you removed it?

This does happen randomly on occasion..where some evening moisture and/or low temp shows up application lines/circles or whatever other pattern you've used to apply - it's not actually wax that hasn't been removed.

A whizz round with a QD would stop it happening, something like Zaino Z6 or Z8 are perfect for this.

cheers

Chris

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chris_VRS said:

Still, beats a day at work eh!

So how long was the wax on the car for before you removed it?

This does happen randomly on occasion..where some evening moisture and/or low temp shows up application lines/circles or whatever other pattern you've used to apply - it's not actually wax that hasn't been removed.

A whizz round with a QD would stop it happening, something like Zaino Z6 or Z8 are perfect for this.

cheers

Chris

Oh it's defo better than being at work, i left the wax for around ten minutes before removal it's just really frustrating that in the plain light of day it looks fine but under street lights it's looks terrible. At least it's raining now so I have some nice beads :-)

Mark

I feel your frustration!! I did a similar thing whilst cleaning exterior glass s couple of weeks back....all look ok in the garage then the next morning in daylight the windows looked atrocious and smeared!!

Try not to get disheartened, you look after your cars well and have great detailing skills and knowledge. Performing a full correction detail is a marathon for anyone and other commitments will always clash.

Potential causes - damp air, contaminated cloth (mine had been through the wash prior to glass cleaning) or even the wax itself.

If shoved for time and rather than pay someone why not do a couple of panels at a time? 

All the best

David

• Like 1

The Arbarth is looking great bud. Yep, it has happened to me too. Some waxes are more prone to this than others, and when time is limited frustration sets in, and anger. All is well that ends well dude. And getting a pro to correct it might not be a bad idea! Happy wife = Happy life!

• Like 3

I don't know anything about the wax you used, so I won't make assumptions regarding it. I use 5 different makes of wax depending on how long I want to be cleaning the car for and what combination of other products I'm using.

For a very quick wash and wax, I use Meguires Quick Wax, spay and wipe. For a semi quick job I use Zymol Cleaner Wax or Auto Gylm High Def wax. For my "posh wax" jobs I use either Collinite 915 or Zymol Titanium (this one gets applied by hand!!) I've never had any problems with wax in the way you describe. A hint and top tip I heard was to spray a light mist of water before buffing the wax off.. Never done it myself so I can't say if it works or not.

Don't be disheartened, we all have our off days in the detailing world ;) 

• Like 3

Not good Mark - and a symptom i also spotted with Waxaddict Quartz.

It did this on my R36 ....when left a bit too long to cure on the bonnet.

I shortened the cure time and also did a final QD wipedown and buff to make sure.

Thankfully at the time - this worked well for me, and i havent used it again since.

Temps recently ave been too low and humidity also being a pain - but i do want to play more with this product.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Not good Mark - and a symptom i also spotted with Waxaddict Quartz.

It did this on my R36 ....when left a bit too long to cure on the bonnet.

I shortened the cure time and also did a final QD wipedown and buff to make sure.

Thankfully at the time - this worked well for me, and i havent used it again since.

Temps recently ave been too low and humidity also being a pain - but i do want to play more with this product.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that's experienced this problem looks like I shall have to leave this wax till the weather gets warm again,I wonder if I'd have the same problem with vitreo??

on a more positive note I'm really loving fo-show 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, pee81 said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that's experienced this problem looks like I shall have to leave this wax till the weather gets warm again,I wonder if I'd have the same problem with vitreo??

Havent had any Vitreo issues to mention.

Fo'show..... its a winner; i've just re-stocked in the iShine sale as well! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pee81 said:

Same as Ste, Vitreo seems to work fine albeit I did have an issue with my first pot being like warm butter. This was resolved promptly and first time by Rich from Waxaddict and the second pot is as one would expect.

• Like 2