New car options

I signed papers one week ago to have my first ever brand new car, Skoda Superb 1.4 TSI DSG Combi manufactored. However, I still have time to make changes to the selected options.  

I've been thinking myself about those extras, but I feel like these options are not a MUST HAVE... unless there's someone who thinks that one of those options is a must have? I have pretty much all options selected except the following:

- Nivomat: 805€

- Progressive Steering: 500€

- Dynamic Chassis Control: 1050€

- Leather Seats: 280€

- Ventilated Leather Seats: 840€

- Climatronic: 315€

- Panoramic Roof: 1500€

- Columbus Audio & Navigation: 1050€

Looking for opinions, thanks.

13 minutes ago, Martastico said:

I signed papers one week ago to have my first ever brand new car, Skoda Superb 1.4 TSI DSG Combi manufactored. However, I still have time to make changes to the selected options.  

I've been thinking myself about those extras, but I feel like these options are not a MUST HAVE... unless there's someone who thinks that one of those options is a must have? I have pretty much all options selected except the following:

- Nivomat: 805€

- Progressive Steering: 500€

- Dynamic Chassis Control: 1050€

- Leather Seats: 280€

- Ventilated Leather Seats: 840€

- Climatronic: 315€

- Panoramic Roof: 1500€

- Columbus Audio & Navigation: 1050€

Looking for opinions, thanks.

My vote goes to Climatronic. 

The panoramic roof is more for the people in the back seat. From the front you don't see it at all as it's above your eye line. Also if they're set up like the Superb II (Which is likely) the drains from the roof can leak into the car after a while, which can be a pain to fix. It does make the interior brighter and it was one of the things that sold me on the Superb II I bought, along with the cream leather - the other ones I saw had black interiors and they weren't as nice to be in in my opinion.

Unless they've made updating the maps a lot better/cheaper and you don't have a smartphone, paying over 1000 for a Columbus is probably a waste of money unless having the biggest screen available in the car is important.

Adaptive cruise control and ventilated seats are the two options I wouldn't be without if I was getting a new Superb but I don't have either on the current car, so I don't know how well they work first hand.

I have an SEL Exec with Alcantara/Part leather. Had a courtesy car last week for 5 days - an L & K with ventilated leather and much preferred mine. The leather seats were harder and also very cold at this time of year, whilst they are heated they are still very cold to begin with.

I have panoramic roof and really like it, makes inside of car light and airy, also with such a long roof makes car look much nicer .

The courtesy car I had did have DCC, mine hasn't -  I did consider it as an option but having had it for 5 days I am glad I saved my money - drove it on the comfort setting most of the time which was the same as the suspension in my car. The other modes were just too stiff for my liking over potholes etc but I guess it depends on what sort of roads you drive on. Few posts on here about rattles etc with DCC system but didn't have these on the courtesy car.

3 hours ago, psycholist said:

Unless they've made updating the maps a lot better/cheaper and you don't have a smartphone, paying over 1000 for a Columbus is probably a waste of money unless having the biggest screen available in the car is important.

From my17 also Bolero without navigation has the same 8-inch screen and really removes the need for expensive navigation product that usually gets expensive update or not updated very often.

• Like 2

On 4 February 2017 at 17:31, Scherpa said:

My vote goes to Climatronic. 

+1 I concur.

The rest are very costly, but not what I'd call "value for money" on a daily basis.

go add up the cost and decide how much of the extra 20% on top of the price you will see again.