Si's x5

SNH

On 22/07/2017 at 18:58, pee81 said:

Ive just started using flickr to host my pics it's loads faster than ****ty photobucket.

Any tips on how to share the actual pics and not just the links to them? 

12 hours ago, SNH said:

Any tips on how to share the actual pics and not just the links to them? 

Yes, when click on share photo you then click on BBcode and copy and paste that link and it will share the actual pic not just the link :)

• 3 weeks later...

You don't need hosting sites anymore.

Click the 'choose files...' link at the bottom of the comments box and you can upload pictures directly off your computer / phone.

• Thanks 1

On 15/08/2017 at 10:43, gman88667733 said:

I'd love to see the original pics of the interior and exterior when you first got it, but the site you used to upload them is not working!

Any way you could reupload?

I think I still have a few from when I got it I'll have a look :)

Edited by SNH

1 hour ago, gman88667733 said:

It is a beauty of a car, I bet you are chuffed!

The more I drive it the more I like it. Even the auto box has converted me as im a manual guy at heart and said id never have an auto.

14 hours ago, SNH said:

The more I drive it the more I like it. Even the auto box has converted me as im a manual guy at heart and said id never have an auto.

Good purchase then!

Have you got any interior pictures?

1 hour ago, SNH said:

Full black leather, heated/electric/memory fronts.

Sat nav, freeview tv, DVD, Bluetooth etc. Now has full 20 odd bulb led interior lighting 

Wow! Now that is luxury motoring! :D

If I hadn't just got my Yeti, I'd be having a good look at one of those!

I've just had a look at how much they are and I found some with decent mileage for a very reasonable price! You seem to get a lot of car for the money!

Edited by gman88667733

21 minutes ago, gman88667733 said:

Wow! Now that is luxury motoring! :D

If I hadn't just got my Yeti, I'd be having a good look at one of those!

I've just had a look at how much they are and I found some with decent mileage for a very reasonable price! You seem to get a lot of car for the money!

I did originally consider a yeti but the tow capacity just wasn't enough, had settled on a touareg but got messed about and needed something pretty quick and spotted this local. Not something I'd considered but went, looked and loved it. The auto box is a dream and I said I'd never have auto! It's comfy, spacious with bags of power and torque. 

V8 has bigger front brakes than the 3.0d and as I tow a lot and the discs were an advisory on the mot it made sense to upgrade but other than that I can't fault it, it is honestly a pleasure to drive :)

8 minutes ago, SNH said:

I did originally consider a yeti but the tow capacity just wasn't enough, had settled on a touareg but got messed about and needed something pretty quick and spotted this local. Not something I'd considered but went, looked and loved it. The auto box is a dream and I said I'd never have auto! It's comfy, spacious with bags of power and torque. 

V8 has bigger front brakes than the 3.0d and as I tow a lot and the discs were an advisory on the mot it made sense to upgrade but other than that I can't fault it, it is honestly a pleasure to drive :)

I bet it gets through fuel fast?!

1 minute ago, gman88667733 said:

I bet it gets through fuel fast?!

Best I've seen up to yet is 39mpg on a decent run. 

Some claim more when mapped but until I get that done I can't comment, hopefully it'll get a bit more but with near on 300bhp and 650 ish nm torque when done  i wouldnt complain anyway :D

Just now, SNH said:

Best I've seen up to yet is 39mpg on a decent run. 

Some claim more when mapped but until I get that done I can't comment, hopefully it'll get a bit more but with near on 300bhp and 650 ish nm torque when done  i wouldnt complain anyway :D

That makes me feel a bit sad, my Yeti is only returning between 20-30 in daily driving. No idea why....

I have only had it 2 weeks though, so maybe it'll settle the more I get used to the DSG gearbox

1 minute ago, gman88667733 said:

That makes me feel a bit sad, my Yeti is only returning between 20-30 in daily driving. No idea why....

I have only had it 2 weeks though, so maybe it'll settle the more I get used to the DSG gearbox

Daily this'll probably average around 30ish. But for a big old unit its still not bad. 

It's in for a gearbox service soon so hopefully I might squeeze a bit more out of it then 

7 minutes ago, SNH said:

Daily this'll probably average around 30ish. But for a big old unit its still not bad. 

It's in for a gearbox service soon so hopefully I might squeeze a bit more out of it then 

I'm going to get my gearbox reset as it seems to change up too early, so maybe that'll eek some more miles out of the tank!

I am surprised you get 30 on average, that really is good. My girlfriend's mum's Kia sorento gets far, far less than that and it is a 2.5L auto.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gman88667733 said:

I'm going to get my gearbox reset as it seems to change up too early, so maybe that'll eek some more miles out of the tank!

I am surprised you get 30 on average, that really is good. My girlfriend's mum's Kia sorento gets far, far less than that and it is a 2.5L auto.

If I've got it in sport or manual it goes down a bit quicker :D

M3 smg flappy paddle steering wheel is on the to do list at some point to ;)

Edited by SNH

1 hour ago, SNH said:

If I've got it in sport or manual it goes down a bit quicker :D

M3 smg flappy paddle steering wheel is on the to do list at some point to ;)

I'd love to fit the Octavia VRS flappy paddle wheel to my Yeti, but I'm not sure if I'd need to declare it on my insurance, I am only 19, so it's probably go up a lot!!

• Like 1