New wheels, fitted, too much offset?

hrvrs

Hi all

As per my thread over in the Octavia II forum, I've got myself some new wheels for the vRS, they're 8Jx19, no offset stamped on the wheels but they're Audi A4 fitment so I assume ET35

Car is on stock suspension, I test fitted them before buying and although they're wide there was no issues with them catching at full lock with seriously uneven ground and they've done the 90 min drive home without any issues

Now there's a couple of issues, firstly, have I done a silly and let the nice shiny big wheels tempt me into buying them when in reality they could cause issues?

Secondly, the car appears to have more offset on the RHS than the left, as far as I know there's no hidden surprises in the history of the car, but is this a big problem?

Thirdly, if (when) I lower the car, are the wheels likely to cause me issues?

So, wisdom of the forum, what do you think?

IMG_20170206_102345.jpg

Hmm, now I've compared the two photos it looks like it's not the tracking but the toe that's causing the apparent difference!!

I'll be taking the car to the suspension experts this week, need some tyres for the Mrs' bike and I'm going to get they to balance these and look at the alignment while I'm there...

Just in case someone digs up this thread in 100 years time...

The car had its annual service today and the mechanic who I know and trust gave an emphatic no when I asked if he thought I'd have any issues with rubbing when lowered...

Will get the alignment guys to have a look at the apparent difference in the track left to right but right now I'm happy with the result... :)

Just a shame the cam belt needs doing as well :(

Hey, missed the reply here, sorry...

I fitted a set of Eibach Pro-Kit Springs this week and had the alignment done, still a little offset to the one side but the guys said it was to Skoda specs, respected place with proper Hunter machine

I need to come back to the UK urgently for some work so won't get a chance to look at the car for a few weeks, but will try and update then...

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, huttonvrs said:

sounds daft but are you sure the rears arent wider than the fronts? ie 8.5j rears and you have a rear and a front on the front?

That'd make sense if they're off a 'sportier' A4 (S4, S-Line model etc).. great shout.

• Like 1