07 Roomster Scout 1.9 Diesel headlight replacement.

Suziemac

i:) lovely People

I love my Roomster and like to maintain it myself. So happy to find this Forum.

Please can anyone advise me if anyone else has a 07 Roomster Scout 1.9 Diesel that they have changed the headlights on? 

I am unsure if it is the H4 or H7 bulb I need.

Thank you. 

Hello Suziemac,

Welcome to Briskoda, probably the finest motoring forum there is...

Probably H7; but lots of topics on here about headlights, many of us have tried the "+110 or +130%" which seem to be just better-made versions of standard bulbs, not much improvement, whereas a HID (High Intensity Discharge, I think) xenon bulbs kit really does improve them a lot. I got my small local one-man garage to fit the kits, which I sourced online via leads on here. (London Colour, and 4300kelvin gives a pleasant white colour.)

Btw, do please consider helping with the running costs by becoming Freedom members.

HTH

Richard

Edited by RichardatWakefield
  • Like 1

Thanks Richard.

I will be doing the replacement today.

Both bulbs have gone. Hoping it's not electrical. Fuse is intact. When i put a voltage meter in where the fuse sits, I get a zero readout:blush:. But if i will have a tinker. 

Thanks again.

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 17:16, DeeGee74 said:

How did you get on replacing the bulbs?  I need to do the same thing - did you need to remove the whole light assembly or did you manage by just removing the rubber seal.

Thanks

It was the H7 bulb. Got on great, it was much easier than  anticipated, removed rubber cap and it there are 2 hex screws that I thought I had to unscrew but Nope...screws were only there to slide the frame of the bulb assembly out & in :). Bacon roll to finish:biggrin:

IMG-20170221-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20170221-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170221-WA0005.jpg

• Like 2

done  mine a couple of times and the 130 are not that better like the xeon need to look in to this but replacing bulbs its a fiddle but easyish . just take rubber cap of twist the holder and it pops out unclip the wires take out of housing and refit 10 mins both sides

• Like 1