Seats

Hello. Can anyone tell me. Do superb seats come with lumbar support or not. The brochure talks about lumber coming with the electric seat option on the SE L and any seat which is electric but what about those seats which have manual adjustment. Help!

We checked this before ordering. The SE has Lumbar as standard on both seats. The S does not have lumbar as standard but its a £125 option.

I would expect the hugely expensive (and totally pointless) option of electric seats includes electric lumbar. Whats wrong with turning a knob or pushing a lever for pitties sake.

1 hour ago, skidpan said:

I would expect the hugely expensive (and totally pointless) option of electric seats includes electric lumbar. Whats wrong with turning a knob or pushing a lever for pitties sake.

Basically because the electric lumbar support is far superior (in fine adjustment and range, not to mention it also has high and low lumbar adjustment) 

If you need lumbar adjustment because of back issues then in my experience the manual adjustment just does not cut it.

Yes its a bloody expensive option, but for us it makes the difference between the car being comfortable or not even considered when buying a car.

8 minutes ago, Gizmo68 said:

Basically because the electric lumbar support is far superior (in fine adjustment and range, not to mention it also has high and low lumbar adjustment) 

If you need lumbar adjustment because of back issues then in my experience the manual adjustment just does not cut it.

Yes its a bloody expensive option, but for us it makes the difference between the car being comfortable or not even considered when buying a car.

Depends greatly on the car in question though.......

Had a Saab 9-3 with basic lumbar support, and this seat was very comfortable indeed.

I have an A4 without any lumbar support, and I find it more comfortable than my Octavia which has (working) basic lumbar support.

The Octavia basic lumbar works, but is not very effective at all. Possibly similar issue in the Superb?

The basic shape of the back rest in the Audi seat is better for me at least, than the Octavia's.

I have used cars with electric movement and do agree with you on this extra adjustment at least as far as Skoda seats are concerned, and I realise this is what you are commenting on.

2 hours ago, skidpan said:

We checked this before ordering. The SE has Lumbar as standard on both seats. The S does not have lumbar as standard but its a £125 option.

I agree the option is hugely expensive but pointless? Not if you have mobility or sensory issues. One of the key benefits is the 'memory' function. In our case that means that SWMBO can set her seat positions with little physical effort and the memory returns to her settings automatically when she drives the car. Without it she would find it very difficult to adjust it without a lot of effort and time and likely not adequately. Thus it is not pointless just bl**** expensive for what it is.

• Like 2

We always try to buy cars at the lower end of the range both trim and price wise. That way you get far less depreciation and far fewer pointless bits of kit. Its the way we maximise our available monies. I would never buy a car with the top spec engine and top of the range trim, the depreciation would be hideous.

We had a Mondeo with electric ht adjusting seats, never used them in 3 years, glad we did not pay extra.

We had a BMW whose M Sport seats had electric lumbar. Again totally pointless since they adjusted themselves while you drove over a 2 week period.

Give me a big plastic knob/lever any day.

Appreciate your comments re cost Skidpan, but please spare a wee thought for those of us with complex mobility problems.  Very often such things as electric seats etc, can make a huge difference between whether or not a particular car is suitable for our needs !!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I have an SE-L Exec and the driver's (electric) seat has lumbar support, but disappointingly the (manual) passenger seat does not. I think you've got it right, unfortunately - only electrically adjusted seats have lumbar.

I have to retract my earlier post (above). I only ever drive, so have never visited the passenger seat. My wife always told me there is no lumbar support, and I've asked a few times. After seeing responses here I pressed her. "Oh, yeah it does have a lever for it, but it's crap and I can't even feel it - so it doesn't have one, really." Women's logic. :wondering:  Apologies for any mixup. I have to agree about mobility issues, I have severe arthritis and a spinal injury after someone very kindly emerged from a closed car park and T-boned me at high speed, folding my car in half along the B-pillar. Supportive seats that are adjustable to the nth degree are pretty high up on the list. The Superb's seats don't come close to some (even Mondeo) seats, but they're good enough with the electrical tweaking.

• Like 1