PCH Kodiaq, can I walk away?

Cutchmc

I am starting to get a bit twitchy about not having a build date for my Kodiaq, all I have is an order ID it feels like the dealer is giving me the cold shoulder. If I am being honest the Lexus NX 300 is making me have second thoughts. Can I cancel and walk away? when am I contractually obliged with a PCH?? as yet I haven't actually signed anything which has surprised me. I had a recipe for my deposit from the sales manager but due to an accounting error I haven't actually paid my deposit (£560) placed the order 08/02/17 incase the time line is a factor in my right to cancel. 

Thank you for any advice, 

Looks like you can, but ask the Dealership tomorrow, they should be delighted to let you walk away as there is not much that seems to be done correctly so far,

not like they made much effort or gave time to the transaction and there is surely now a growing waiting list of buyers.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheRobinK said:

I think PCH is like any credit agreement. That should mean you have a 14 day cooling off period, starting the day after you signed, in which you can withdraw.

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Do you get the 14 days to change your mind. If so you have until 22nd.

This was my thinking, Am I actually even in an agreement if I haven't signed anything? is that even possible?? 

• Like 1

You  won't have signed the finance until the car is ready for delivery so you have no issues in that regard although a credit check would have been done so to have another credit check on another car will have a negative impact on your credit and you may loose your deposit with the dealer. My dealer gave assurances that if you order prior to a test drive and after you test drive they will let you change your mind and get your deposit back. 

• Like 1

There are different rules for distance selling, to doing the deal in person, regarding cooling off periods.

Check the clause called Your right to cancel.  

Dealer should be be able to give you an estimated build week (which could subsequently change), if they can't, then the order is a bit flakey already.  It's not reasonable to say something vague like 10 - 50 weeks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

There are different rules for distance selling, to doing the deal in person, regarding cooling off periods.

Check the clause called Your right to cancel.  

Dealer should be be able to give you an estimated build week (which could subsequently change), if they can't, then the order is a bit flakey already.  It's not reasonable to say something vague like 10 - 50 weeks

This is my problem am not sure what to check clause on if I haven't signed anything. am going to phone Skoda financial services tomorrow try get a clearer picture from them.