Mk1 Electric Mirror wiring route

Skodaoldy

I have recently had a new drivers door lock fitted by a garage who I am not very happy with. I've found that the elctric mirrors now don't work and when I flipped the control switch out from by the door handle I found that the connecting cable has not been plugged in and is nowhere to be seen.

I don't want the garage to mess with the car again and I am conversant with removing a door card. I can feel the back of the door card by feeling through the hole where the cable should come from. If I remove the door card am I likely to have access to the cable and be able to thread it back through the hole in order to plug it to the switch on reassembly, or routed behind the carrier plate so that I won't be able to reach it to rethread.

I ask because I don't feel confident in removing the carrier plate and I will only remove the door card if I know I will be able to access and relocate the switch cable and advice on this could save me taking the card off to no avail.

Thanks for that, it looks promising as I assume the orange and the black leads are going up to the wing mirror.

However it does appear to be the passenger door which does not incorporate the switch, which controls both mirrors and is alongside the interior door handle in the drivers door. I assume their must be another cable to that switch with a plug on the end as the switch itself has a socket on the back of it.

A similar photo of the driver's door showing the switch cable with the plug on would be ideal if possible.

That looks to be the door lock control end of the cable in picture 2 with the pink/yellow plug on the end. In picture 1 it is shown plugged in to the door lock. The other end seems to go up in the direction of the wing mirror itself, but not to a switch, as this is the passenger door and does not house the mirror control switch which is in the driver's door and must be connected by another different cable in the line, with the plug on to push into the switch socket. That extra switch feed cable in the circuit in the driver's door is the one I need to trace.

Sorry, my mistake, that's probably the connector for the passenger electric window switch, not the mirror. I forgot what we were discussing.

Looking at a wiring diagram, the mirror switch is wired into a 12-way connector on the driver's side electric window module.

Edited by Wino

With the benefit of the set of pictures I decided to take the door card off and I'm pleased to say it was as I suspected. There was a short wire with a plug on the end which I was able to feed through the hole by the door handle and then plug into the mirror switch before clipping it back into place.

Mission accomplished, mirrors adjusting properly.

Thanks a lot for the help.

• Like 1