Cr 1.6 tdi turbo upgrade

djmillsy

Im gathering information on doing a turbo swap on my monte and have been told to use the cr170 turbo but have been told your better off using a 177 turbo. what is a 177 turbo also its meant to have oval ports on it

You definitely want oval ports, as that is what the 1.6 has

When mine was done I got a GTC1549VZ off ebay, but you'll also need a Darkside oil feed pipe as the original isn't long enough

Edited by Brimma

If you look through my Fabia vRS replica build thread in Fabia Mk2 you'll see everything which went into it

I had a Wagner uprated intercooler fitter too, total cost for turbo, intercooler, fitting and mapping came in a little under £2k 

thats a good price still stumped at what a 177 turbo is. is it just the cr170 turbo?  Was always into fords so it was oldskool t3 i dealt with 

Edited by djmillsy

8 minutes ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Quote from a project thread.

"GTC1549vz (CR177) turbo upgrade"

so the 177 is the old tdi turbo then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-A5-A6-Q5-2-0-TDI-TURBOCHARGER-TURBO-ENGINE-CODE-CGL-GTC1549VZ-03L145721B-/222385572407?hash=item33c7368a37:g:uT0AAOSwLqFV8rQY

Edited by djmillsy