Hello

Nobbi1977

Hi

Not quite a Yeti owner yet but I have got a couple of bikes. 

I have given up on trackdays and silly road speeds now so my "collection" is more sedate.

'15 Enfield Continental GT - Classic look and sound, Modern brakes

'16 Honda Grom - because the Enfield is too loud in the morning to ride to work

'00 Ducati 750SS - currently being preped for sale due to a lack of use

'54 Ariel 350 NH - Having a refresh and paint in time for the summer

I live near Cadwell park and have a year pass so I often pop in for a coffee and watch a race or two and then enjoy a trundle around Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire.

Hi Nobbie, that's a varied collection of bikes you have. I had the Ducati 900SS, I can't blame you for not keeping it. Mine spent way too much time and money being fixed that it's put off Ducati for life. 

I had to look up the Honda Grom, it is the same as the MSX125? That looks like it could be fun. 

34 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Hi Nobbie, that's a varied collection of bikes you have. I had the Ducati 900SS, I can't blame you for not keeping it. Mine spent way too much time and money being fixed that it's put off Ducati for life. 

I had to look up the Honda Grom, it is the same as the MSX125? That looks like it could be fun. 

Ducati has been reliable but belts every two years is a pain.

GROM is what the cool kids call the MSX125. It is a fun bike and I love it, but you have to take it for what it is.

Early ones with very low miles turn up cheap now and mods are cheap. 

Electrics with my Ducati.  Multiple coils fitted, switchgear and shorted wiring loom. It was just a bad experience and was almost leaping with joy when I part ex'd it. 

I'd seen the Grom (trying to be cool) last year when I bought my current bike and it justed shouted fun. I know they gave quite a following with a lot of modifications available so will only become more popular 

15 hours ago, CWARD said:

Electrics with my Ducati.  Multiple coils fitted, switchgear and shorted wiring loom. It was just a bad experience and was almost leaping with joy when I part ex'd it. 

I'd seen the Grom (trying to be cool) last year when I bought my current bike and it justed shouted fun. I know they gave quite a following with a lot of modifications available so will only become more popular 

5'11" and 16 stone I look an utter prat on mine but it was a cheap new bike for commuting on.

I wanted a bike I would get out if it was cold or a bit damp and still ride if I felt the need. All my others are dry weather only.

Ducati sorted their electrics out around 2000 so mine is quite nice but service intervals and spares are not cheap. The SSie has to be the most unloved Ducati at the moment, values will only rise after I have sold mine.

Never had a Harley so I might get one of those next...