How much this year?

Tilt

Posted here as this is a general Insurance question, rather something more specific.

Looks like I will be paying a similar amount to last year, it's actually a few quid cheaper with similar set up.

Are a lot of you finding yourselves in a similar position. I ask as I thought premiums were going to rise significantly this year. (Obviously pleased they haven't though).

Right on the 'Average',  they must have been listening to the words of the AA.  

Obviously you get an average with highs and lows and since many have no increases there must be those with higher than the average.

Someone with a Red Telephone advert are maybe at it.

• Like 1

Hammer, nail, head, George.

Last year, I used the (then) AA average % increase to peg Red Telephone's inflated renewal quote.

This year, RT must have remembered I was (foolishly) prepared to pay a % increase in line with the AA average.  Hence the exact 16.3%.

Back to the annual insurance merry-go-round next year...

Trend has definitely been upwards the last few years.

I've also noticed that the renewal is also now competitive or at least similar to comparison sites

Ok, now purchased yesterday and £8 cheaper than last year. Surprised and chuffed.

The renewal was circa 20% increase, until I told them a small payment had been offered (and accepted) to me from another drivers insurance company, as he bumped into me in a car park. (this was in another post November).

Then theirs went up a good bit, however most other companies quotes were not influenced by this 'not at fault' accident, fortunately. :biggrin: