My Scout

Hi folks,

after much deliberation i settled on buying a Scout rather than a VRS or 4x4. Had it a couple of weeks now, not done much mileage as yet but i'm enjoying driving it...longest drive was a 60 miler when bringing it home.  I would go out on a limb as say its just as comfortable as my previous Volvo :wondering:. 57k on the clock and it has been looked after...the odd stone chip but other than that its in good condition. I have had a full service and check over so should be good for a few miles before MOT is due. Just need new discs when the pads need replacing as they are corroded. 

It has been a little bit of an adjustment going back to a manual box after 7 years in an auto but i am getting there.....i must say the gearbox is nice and positive but i am finding the short ratio hard work....sure i will get used to it.......it seems as though i ave been missing out on whats available by driving a much older car!!! May get it remapped if and when i can get the money together

car 1.JPG

car 3.JPG

car 4.JPG

car5.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wolfbagger said:

Nice motor matey.

I guess a real kind friend drove you up to get it if you were able to drive it back.....?? :blush

yep....invaluable....i'll thank him when i see him:tongueout:

1 hour ago, cheshire_cat said:

hope the haldex has been done    enjoy:cool:

yep...the first thing i got checked out when i took it in for the service..........check it was working ok and change the oil :)....off to check what tyres i need....reckon i have a slow on the drivers front side.

Looks nice and has xenons too, which is a good option. The Scout is a very comfortable ride and I'd agree it's up there with my old V70. It can roll a bit in the corners if pushing on but it has tons of grip. Is it petrol or diesel? 

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

Looks nice and has xenons too, which is a good option. The Scout is a very comfortable ride and I'd agree it's up there with my old V70. It can roll a bit in the corners if pushing on but it has tons of grip. Is it petrol or diesel? 

Thanks Sarge .......didnt even notice the xenons until a few days after getting it....was too busy checking around and under the car i actually didnt check the headlights........goes to show how little i know about more modern cars :blush:....like them though.

Not pushed it yet so really dont know what it can do yet.......petrol....it had to be petrol:)

Had my Scout remapped via Superchips 2 weeks ago and has transformed it completely the torque is amazing and o so much quicker through the gears can just leave it in 6th most of the time don't need to change down for overtaking love it.

The 1.8t engine is very nice and very capable but be aware of the timing chain and oil consumption issues that beset that era of engine (see the sticky at the top of the Octy 2 section).  You may want to get the latest chain tensioner and related parts fitted as a precaution. 

18 hours ago, Gordy873 said:

Had my Scout remapped via Superchips 2 weeks ago and has transformed it completely the torque is amazing and o so much quicker through the gears can just leave it in 6th most of the time don't need to change down for overtaking love it.

Noted, however they are quite a way from me....Shark the other hand are a quick trip away so would probably go with them when i can.....like the look of the turbo replacment part they do as well....

8 hours ago, Sarge said:

The 1.8t engine is very nice and very capable but be aware of the timing chain and oil consumption issues that beset that era of engine (see the sticky at the top of the Octy 2 section).  You may want to get the latest chain tensioner and related parts fitted as a precaution. 

yes i read the article with interest...thanks for the heads up.