Sunroof Panoramic problems

There's a hand cranking bolt accessible when you remove the panel with the sunroof controls - it's shown in the manual.

Does it sound like the motor is stalling out or does it just stop running as if it thinks the roof is closed? If it's stalling out there may be something blocking the sunroof rails, so have a look at that before forcing it shut manually. The rails should be greased at every service, but a lot of garages won't do it unless you ask specifically. If it's stopping by itself the motor limit may need to be reset. On windows you do this by closing the window in small steps. Some people recommend holding the switch in the closed position for 5 seconds after closing, but my window limit reset without the need to do that just by inching it closed after replacing the glass. The sunroof doesn't allow you to hold the switch in the closed position as it's a rotary switch, though maybe holding it in the close tilt position might work.

It just stop, as the roof is closed, I was to the dealer for Service in Januar and i now they have greased the rails..

The Funktion up and down is ok, ist only Forward and back the Problems are +

I think i will try the reset of the Roof.

Mines packed in too. Not sure if it's the motor or switch (fuses ok...) so will test both to see. Frustrating.....

• 5 months later...

Just getting around to fixing this as I have not really needed it. Pretty sure it's the motor. 

I'm being lazy....Does anyone have the part code code for this possibly please? If not, I'll strip it out and look.

I'm sure the motor is used in many models across the VAG platorm. 

Ta. Dave