Skoda Amundsen RNS 310/315/+

Hi all,

Can someone please share some more information for me on these models.

What I'm looking for is a model with sat nav that works with my maxi dot display (obviously will need coding) i am also looking for bluetooth and dab and to work with my rear parking sensors.

I currently have a swing radio in my Fabia 2013 VRS all with bluetooth and rear parking display and mdi setup. Will these features still work with a Amundsen radio if i were to purchase. I understand a dab and gps arial will need to be purchased.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to look to purchase one of these units.

Any information would be helpful

Thanks

Both RNS 310 and 315 will work with maxi dot, and parking sensors. 

The 310 is the older version and the 315 is the newer version which you can get with Bluetooth and DAB in the unit itself. If the unit has Bluetooth it will have a MAC address on the side sticker, if it's a bunch of 0's then it doesn't have Bluetooth. 

DAB will have a extra port on the back. 315 also has MDI (iPod, reverse camera etc) whereas the 310 doesn't. 

i have installed a 315 into my Fabia 2 2010, simple fit and I have installed a aftermarket DAB aerial on the windscreen and fitted the GPS antenna behind the top glove box and it works great plus Bluetooth works great. :) 

• 9 months later...
On 05/03/2017 at 23:52, JGrindel said:

Both RNS 310 and 315 will work with maxi dot, and parking sensors. 

The 310 is the older version and the 315 is the newer version which you can get with Bluetooth and DAB in the unit itself. If the unit has Bluetooth it will have a MAC address on the side sticker, if it's a bunch of 0's then it doesn't have Bluetooth. 

DAB will have a extra port on the back. 315 also has MDI (iPod, reverse camera etc) whereas the 310 doesn't. 

i have installed a 315 into my Fabia 2 2010, simple fit and I have installed a aftermarket DAB aerial on the windscreen and fitted the GPS antenna behind the top glove box and it works great plus Bluetooth works great. :) 

I have the Amundsen+ has SatNav+BT. Can I just attach a DAB aerial to the car and off I go?

Edited by Monte_Owner

7 minutes ago, Monte_Owner said:

I have the Amundsen+ has SatNav+BT. Can I just attach a DAB aerial to the car and off I go?

No, not exactly that simple. 

Your radio might not have had the DAB option checked when it was originally built. The only way to check is to remove the radio and check its connectors at the back. 

Picture of radio without DAB

image.thumb.png.370dc077fd38cb13d8538dd68680cb08.png

Picture of radio with DAB

image.png.c2d8b3b1b431c45b3e4b2adcccefbd4b.png

If your radio has the green connector at the top the yes just buy a windscreen DAB aerial from autoleads / halfords and your go to go! 

Edited by JGrindel
Added 1 too many images.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JGrindel said:

No, not exactly that simple. 

Your radio might not have had the DAB option checked when it was originally built. The only way to check is to remove the radio and check its connectors at the back. 

Picture of radio without DAB

image.thumb.png.370dc077fd38cb13d8538dd68680cb08.png

Picture of radio with DAB

image.png.c2d8b3b1b431c45b3e4b2adcccefbd4b.png

If your radio has the green connector at the top the yes just buy a windscreen DAB aerial from autoleads / halfords and your go to go! 

Green connector is North American model. The UK model will have a black connector instead.