Wind noise - passenger side

Collected my Superb 2.0 dsg hatch yesterday, all good apart from coming back down the A1 noticed some wind noise when sitting in the passenger seat, don't notice it when driving, mainly at motorway speeds.

anyone else notice this and had it fixed? I'll take it to my local dealer soon but have a feeling it will be one of those things which they'll never get to the bottom of, had a simliar issue with a Insignia which was made a bit better but never fixed. 

Missing my lexus IS300 already(gone 24 hrs) can really tell the difference in build quality, in 2 years of ownship not a single shake, noise, rattle or creak.

59 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

Collected my Superb 2.0 dsg hatch yesterday, all good apart from coming back down the A1 noticed some wind noise when sitting in the passenger seat, don't notice it when driving, mainly at motorway speeds.

anyone else notice this and had it fixed? I'll take it to my local dealer soon but have a feeling it will be one of those things which they'll never get to the bottom of, had a simliar issue with a Insignia which was made a bit better but never fixed. 

Missing my lexus IS300 already(gone 24 hrs) can really tell the difference in build quality, in 2 years of ownship not a single shake, noise, rattle or creak.

I think I've got a similar thing - at least I think it is wind noise but I haven't yet been a passenger so it's difficult for me to pin point it.

Mines the se technology not that it makes a difference, when did you get yours?  I noticed it straight away as I was in the passenger seat, quite annoying and I decided to drive instead. 

Edited by Casa1862

I've had mine 2 weeks. The noise is quite subtle and I only really notice it if the radio is off or if there is a lull in a piece of music. It sounds like a slightly ill fitting door seal, and only really starts at over 65mph or so, but I think noises in cars can often be sourced from something or somewhere entirely different to where you think, so it's possible it could be something else, or even just something rustling around somewhere. I need to take everything out of the car at some point and give it a go to eliminate other possible sources.

I drive a car from the passenger seat :) and I think it is a bit too much noise already from 55-60 mph, especially if it is a bit windy out there. 

Can not remember how it was on the demo cars but I think it was much quieter.

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress with this from anyone? I've tried inserting some 4mm tubing into the door seal to tighten the fit, and also tried some rubber treatment (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gummi-Pflege-Rubber-Stick-100ml/dp/B007TNOQDI) but neither seem to have made any difference yet. I've noticed the chrome window trim appears a bit ill-fitting in place and wonder whether this might be the source of the noise.