New 5 Series

Ryeman

9 minutes ago, ahenners said:

New 5 series is lovely! They've certainly gone all in on the Tech side of things. Also a big fan of the previous F10 model too.

30+ years ago I would have lusted after one..........just very expensive white goods now

Previous one was still nice, it was the interior that had dated vs the F30 3 series. Even then just on the sat nave screens etc. The last 5 had a small screen and was missing out on the larger ones seen in the F30 and other 'ordinary' cars. Mazda 3 had a bigger screen.

Still, M5 might come down a little now :devil:

Edited by Aspman

I like the TomTom setup in the new 3008 with the display able to be accomodated in the 12" HUD instead of the central screen 

• Like 1

F30 BMW has a HUD option but it doesn't link to the built in sat nav,. You have to buy a Garmin app and run it through your phone.

Bit bleedin stupid. I'd guess the 5 will have a more integrated setup like the 3008.

28 minutes ago, Aspman said:

F30 BMW has a HUD option but it doesn't link to the built in sat nav,. You have to buy a Garmin app and run it through your phone.

Bit bleedin stupid. I'd guess the 5 will have a more integrated setup like the 3008.

That's one of the best things on the F25 imho. 

10 hours ago, Ryeman said:

I like the TomTom setup in the new 3008 with the display able to be accomodated in the 12" HUD instead of the central screen 

Is that a true hud? I thought the 3008 has a digital dashboard but no hud. 

8 minutes ago, gullyg said:

That's one of the best things on the F25 imho. 

Is that a true hud? I thought the 3008 has a digital dashboard but no hud. 

.....in the sense that the instruments are seen above the steering wheel.

15 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

.....in the sense that the instruments are seen above the steering wheel.

Ah googled it - looks like it's a pop up screen on the dash like the Mazda system rather than the projection onto the windscreen. 

Can't comment on the 3008 system was was rather underwhelmed by the Mazda hud - would have dismissed the BMW system on that basis had the demo car not had it. 

Really like the look of the new 5, but it doesn't appear to have aux heating which is a shame. Also the gesture controlled stereo is a nice idea. No officer I wasn't doing wain keer signs at you I was trying to shut up Nigel Farage on the radio. 

Edited by gullyg

1 minute ago, gullyg said:

Ah googled it - looks like it's a pop up screen on the dash like the Mazda system rather than the projection onto the windscreen. 

Can't comment on the 3008 system was was rather underwhelmed by the Mazda hud - would have dismissed the BMW system on that basis had the demo car not had it. 

No

Its a different concept in that the steering wheel is small and low and the instruments are seen twix the wheel and the road surface.

For some it's a step too far.....not me though  

The Mazda HUD is a bit lame. It's speedo only I think and looks like a cheap bit of plastic destined to break.

The HUD in most fighter jets is projected onto a screen so I think that'll be common in cars too.

12 minutes ago, Aspman said:

The Mazda HUD is a bit lame. It's speedo only I think and looks like a cheap bit of plastic destined to break.

The HUD in most fighter jets is projected onto a screen so I think that'll be common in cars too.

Yeah, but the military have a slightly bigger budget