Rusting Rear door lower edge

Ive a 2007 Octavia estate with just under 100K miles on the clock and my driver side rear door is rusting quite badly it seems. Someone I know mentioned they thought some else had an 06 Golf with the same issue and even at 10 years old managed to get VW to warranty it. Anyone know if this is actually possible? Thinking I might phone Skoda tomorrow but wouldn't mind having my fact straight as it seems a bit to old to me.

Worth giving Skoda a call but personally I wouldn't hold my breath. My recent experience with them over my new engine left me very disappointed and posts on here suggest Skoda UK's customer care is, sadly, not that great. Good luck though - there's no harm in asking. 

Yes, don't bank on it but worth a try. If your car has had repairs near there, I wouldn't even waste my breath.

Some dealers seem "better" and more experienced at handling corrosion claims than others. You could call one or two to try and assess their attitude.. is it a corossion warranty or is it an anti-perforation warranty - the fine print always seems to give them an escape....

similar place on my 2007 estate although mine was relatively small. I removed all the rust and have primered / touched it up. It is far from perfect, but then again I am running the car into the ground now so I honestly dont mind

Both my near side driver and passenger door where rusting along the bottom on my 07 hatchback but with me being the 3rd owner and the car not having a full service history I just paid my local body shop to fix it .. Cost £200 and he resprayed the mirror casing on that side as it was badly chipped 

The guy came out with a magnetic digital paint thickness checker and on  the door thats going its twice what it should be. Which he did verify on the car next to mine. That voids the warranty as far as hes concerned its been repainted.  Parting commet was those things don't rust haha.

I found some rust on the engine side of the bonnet at three years old. It is where a part number had been stamped during manufacture and probably before painting. Skoda's response was "bring it back if it spreads and gets worse"! I must say my local Skoda dealer was very supportive but met the same brick wall.

2 hours ago, Matt2190 said:

The guy came out with a magnetic digital paint thickness checker and on  the door thats going its twice what it should be. Which he did verify on the car next to mine. That voids the warranty as far as hes concerned its been repainted.  Parting commet was those things don't rust haha.

Well that was quick. Too bad if the original selling dealer re-sprayed it for some reason or heaven forbid the factory paint was less than perfect and re-applied!! Difficult or next to impossible to prove either case now, which is why it is so often hard to get traction on these cases !

Edited by TheClient

• 3 weeks later...

I'm taking my 2008 Estate in tomorrow - I've got rust starting just above one of the tail lights and under the corner of the swage line across the boot. I'll be washing it first and giving it a good check over to see if I can find anything else to point out to them.

The sills also have rusty patches but I'm not holding my breath for them.

I'll report back if I get anywhere.

The girl in the service department started talking about Full SH etc and that I wouldn't be covered but then put me on to the bodyshop, they didn't mention anything about it. Nothing to lose, and I'll get it sorted myself if they won't touch it.