2007 2.0TFSI VRS Octavia Lowering advice

Hi,

I have just purchased 19" VAG style Helios alloys. Going to have them fitted over the weekend. I need advice on lowering. I want the car to sit low but dont want to have to avoid all speed bumps etc. I also dont want to have to change suspension parts every few months due to being too stiff. I have gone off the idea of coilovers and settled on getting springs. From what i have read H&R 50mm springs seem to be the answer. Anyone any good advice? I want the car to look like the pic

Thanks

Chris

IMG_6652.JPG

• Like 1

H&R -50mm should give roughly what you seek, whether they'll be comfortable enough for you is a more subjective topic...

What do H&R have to say about using a relatively large drop on stock dampers?

I chose Eibach -30mm (-20mm on vRS) springs and I think the drop is about perfect, it went from this:

IMG_20170205_134728.jpg

...to this...

IMG_20170215_170714.jpg

The wheels now have a reasonably constant gap at all parts of the wheel arch, I'm not a fan of dropping so far that they're closer at the top than the sides...

The ride is less fidgety on small bumps up to around the size of a small speed bump, larger bumps need care or the suspension does crash a bit, but that's to be expected with lowered springs and 19" wheels

They're installing a new main road here and they're scraped the old tarmac away, where the join is there's a ~50mm vertical step, I need to slow right down to 1st gear and creep over it, but then I'd probably have to do the same with stock setup

Full disclosure: Mine are also ET35 Audi RS4 reps so they sit out more...

IMG_20170205_134816.jpg

• Like 1

Fitted the wheels this afternoon. I think they look great on. I didnt stick the VW centre caps on. Im going to source other ones. But it definately needs lowered asap. Im not sure another 35mm is going to make me happy. Maybe coilovers are the answer. 

IMG_6722.JPG

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

50mm vogtland springs. £104. 

Over speed ramps is a bit bouncy but no scuffing or rubbing. Handles better round roundabouts at speed. 

I think it looks fantastic. Perfect gap all around. Would recommend

• Like 2