Headlamp Washer Pump - Heeeelp!

Hi everyone and I hope you can help...

The headlamp washers have failed on our 2006 Superb. They were working fine before the winter, and giving it it first proper clean of the year, I noticed that, as usual, the washer outlet covers were stuck with gunge onto the headlamps and thought I'd better give them a test and nothing. I can hear the relay working as usual after a couple of seconds but nothing from the pump. So, I've finally managed to remove the pump from the washer bottle, but here's the thing - does anyone know how the heck you remove the short piece of reinforced rubber tubing from the pump outlet? This tube has a Hella-made male connector which locks into a female socket which is connected to the tubing that goes to the washers; the Hella male connector seems to be fixed to the tube.  

The tube rotates easily enough at the pump end, but trying to pull it off the pump outlet appears to be nigh-on impossible. Incidentally, I've tried in vain to find my old parts CD, so if anyone can give me the part number of this tube to ensure the parts teenager at my local Dealer doesn't have to try to find it (without success!) that would also be great. All help / ideas / thoughts gratefully received!

Pic attached for reference.

Cheers... Rob  

FullSizeRender.jpg

If it is anything like the diesel hoses on the fuel filters, pulling on it is a lost cause.  With those you need to push the hose off using something that won't damage the hose itself (I've used a 1/4" socket extension successfully, sturdy and easy to grab but with nice rounded edges).

10 hours ago, jimbof said:

If it is anything like the diesel hoses on the fuel filters, pulling on it is a lost cause.  With those you need to push the hose off using something that won't damage the hose itself (I've used a 1/4" socket extension successfully, sturdy and easy to grab but with nice rounded edges).

Thanks for the suggestion jimbof..., but unfortunately, there's no where to push against.

As at 10 mins ago, I've finally solved it. I sawed-off the plastic pipe at the point it exits the pump, then crushed the rubber pipe in my long departed Dads hand-made precision vice, and voila! That broke the plastic pipe inside into three pieces and I pulled them out with long-nosed pliers. So.... zero damage to interior of the rubber pipe and it's ready to pop-on to the replacement pump! I love it when a plan comes together!

• 2 weeks later...