High Mileage 1.2 12 Valve

Hi

My 1.2 Fabia 3 cylinder recently turned 151,000 miles and I was wondering if there are any other owners on here with similar of higher mileage?

Many Thanks

IMG_20170312_164200363_HDR_zps05ncklwy.j

Edited by Jimbob135
  • Like 1

That's really good going, have you had anything go wrong with it other than usual wear and tear?

I know lots have trouble with the valves burning but that mostly affects 6v engines. I think early ones had timing chain problems too but think they updated that after 2004?

My 12v is on 105000 and has just had a new gearbox & clutch, but the engine is sweet (touch wood!)

Is that a LCR splitter btw? I like the look of it guessing it just screws on with self tappers

On 125k here, 2006 plate, passed another MOT last month, replaced the rear brakes, besides that, runs very well, thanks to Wino I even have a heater as well :-) I've mentioned before how good your car looks, mine is standard, would love to put some alloys on it at some point, but I bought four new tyres last year, so I may just wait until those need replacing and consider again, maybe not 17 inch but some nice 15 inch alloys would probably be fine.

Your car is a credit to you though.

This is great to hear! The car has been in the family from new and i have Ben driving it since 127k. I love it and have no notion of changing but was always weary after everyone telling me it's very high miles for a petrol! 

On 13/03/2017 at 20:14, clarendon462 said:

That's really good going, have you had anything go wrong with it other than usual wear and tear?

I know lots have trouble with the valves burning but that mostly affects 6v engines. I think early ones had timing chain problems too but think they updated that after 2004?

My 12v is on 105000 and has just had a new gearbox & clutch, but the engine is sweet (touch wood!)

Is that a LCR splitter btw? I like the look of it guessing it just screws on with self tappers

Yea it's the cupra Leon splitter! Fits really well

Just now, TMB said:

Don't think I could do without a wiper on the back :biggrin:

I thought the same but I've been driving for nearly a year without it and never use it! I'm not on motorways but mainly country roads!

• Like 1