New Skoda Owner

Hello

I just picked up today my new Superb III estate 1.4TSi SE L.  I am delighted with it - it seems really well put together, feels like a nice place to be and is such staggering value for money.  I am an ex BMW and Audi driver having owned both A6 Avant and 5 series touring, and so far, I'm struggling to see how Skoda do it for the money.

Just one minor niggle and a question:

The in-car microphone isn't working - I can't use the speech control nor make phone calls on my connected phone :-(

Under the boot floor, there is a plastic hook on a long piece of elastic running from front to rear.  What's it for?

Thanks

Drew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamdrew said:

Hello

I just picked up today my new Superb III estate 1.4TSi SE L.  I am delighted with it - it seems really well put together, feels like a nice place to be and is such staggering value for money.  I am an ex BMW and Audi driver having owned both A6 Avant and 5 series touring, and so far, I'm struggling to see how Skoda do it for the money.

The in-car microphone isn't working - I can't use the speech control nor make phone calls on my connected phone :-(

Under the boot floor, there is a plastic hook on a long piece of elastic running from front to rear.  What's it for?

Thanks

Drew

Elastic & hook is for temporarily holding up the boot floor for you to make moving stuff in or out easier.

• Like 1

Mic issue sounds like probably a dealer job due to poor connection. I'm fairly certain there are no settings etc that would accidentally turn off the mic. Maybe try without a phone connected incase that is in someway interfering. I suppose you could also try resetting the head unit by holding in the on button until it restarts.

When you press the mic button on the steering wheel, do you get a pop up on the binnacle MFD (in between the speedo and rev counter)  on the top line with a voice icon or a pop up on the infortainment system ??  If you do, then directly after pressing the mic button, scroll up on the left steering knurl wheel to increase the volume of the voice commands.

Thanks all for the suggestions.  The dealer took a look at the car this morning and has confirmed a non functioning microphone which they will replace as soon as the replacement arrives.

On 17/03/2017 at 15:01, iamdrew said:

Hello

Thanks

Drew

Please you like it @Drew - are you going to post a picture in the relevant thread so that people can give you a cheery flash as they drive around Chester?

• 2 weeks later...