Used Blackline Purchased

Micky H

2 hours ago, Gyp said:

Nice Yeti!

Did Llookers make you sit though about an hour of sales pitch for alloy wheel insurance etc before letting you buy the car?

Hi No not at all they have e-mailed me the relevant bits but no more than a few minutes discussion. I will get gap but not at the the prices they want. All recommendations for gap greatly received. 

12 hours ago, Micky H said:

Hi No not at all they have e-mailed me the relevant bits but no more than a few minutes discussion. I will get gap but not at the the prices they want. All recommendations for gap greatly received. 

I used David at gapinsurance.co.uk, here.

1 hour ago, Rustynuts said:

I used David at gapinsurance.co.uk, here.

I can fully endorse the value and service you will get from David - look no further than him for your gap insurance.  He will provide a number of options in terms of cover to choose from and explain the pros/cons of each.  Prices are excellent and their reputation in the unfortunate event of a claim is sound.

On 18/03/2017 at 14:39, Micky H said:

Test drive a 64 plate blackline this morning drove from Lincoln to Lookers Skoda Newcastle very happy with the car looked after very well by Neil. Agreed a deal and collect next Saturday. The only other dealer I spoke to Allams were not interested in taking my Passat and suggested we buy any car. I got significantly more from Neil and the experience was more friendly/independent than a big chain which I like. Would throughly recommend Neil and Lookers Newcastle.

See below me and the beastie!

IMG_1209.JPG

I have ordered my new car in black with the same wheels as far as i can tell.

However when i looked closely the current wheels are charcoal grey and not black so i am having second thoughts.

Are your wheels black or dark grey and if grey how noticeable is the colour difference?

15 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

However when i looked closely the current wheels are charcoal grey and not black so i am having second thoughts.

Are your wheels black or dark grey and if grey how noticeable is the colour difference?

Hi they look black to me. 

On 3/25/2017 at 22:01, kenfowler3966 said:

Re colour of wheel rims; 

From the Skoda car configurator webpages;
If you spec a Yeti SE Drive (not an L) then standard rims are 17" Matterhorn's in grey & sliver with Matterhorn rims in black and silver listed as a £300 option.
If you spec a Yeti SE L Drive standard spec is 17' "Origami" (who thinks of these names?) and 17" Matterhorn rims in black and silver, again, listed as a £300 option.

Colour choice is very personal, one persons' "Oh wow" is another's "what the..." personal bias I would imagine that the standard 17" grey & silver Matterhorn rims on a SE would be a very complementary look with Quartz grey metallic paint. But it would appear that like yourself my personal preference with black bodywork would be to spec the optional black & grey Matterhorn's. 

Well thats a bit late to finally understand why the configurator had aparently the same wheel, one standard and the other an extra cost for the SE drive.

Changed my sel drive order back to the standard origami as there seems to be a lot of durability issues with diamond cut wheels and the dent and scratch insurance wont cover them and i didnt want grey wheels on a black car. May have stuck with them if it had been clear they were black!

• Like 1