Dashboard air vent removal

• 3 years later...

Just done this myself. Made a tool from an old busted screwdriver (Heated the top with a gas torch and vent it over) and hooked the vents out to fix a displaced vane. Popped the front grill off rebuilt it and popped it all back in. 

7A3B65A5-445D-459B-A574-6B8AB6BECD17.jpeg

442CB9FE-A493-4270-AC28-3FA5E6629E73.jpeg

5CCF94B6-C9E3-4469-841D-C952DD98E721.jpeg

9BDDE10B-B791-422E-9ACB-643E5826CF94.jpeg

• 1 year later...

How do you remove the wiring that is attached to the air vent? I'm struggling to do this part. Is there a special tool for this? I can't find any answer for this any where online or YouTube vids🤔🙄

Spoiler

• 1 year later...
On 17/03/2022 at 21:09, MoeenAhmed said:

How do you remove the wiring that is attached to the air vent? I'm struggling to do this part. Is there a special tool for this? I can't find any answer for this any where online or YouTube vids🤔🙄

Reveal hidden contents

Found out how - you need to insert a small screwdriver (flat one) inside the entry of the cable and lift the plastic part, then wiggle the connector out