My VRS

I bought an 06 VRS around 18 months ago and I have loved every minute of it, great for commuting and making me smile on the small back roads. 

I have a long list of things to do with this car from, lowering, remapping to audio work. 

I have started by debadging the back of the car, which looks great. I have taken the badge from back, recoloured it and am now gonna place it on the front grill. 

I am next looking to make a same coloured grill and remove the front badge and dip. I have also thought of colouring the outer grill as VRS green or bright red, haven't decided yet. 

The audio system has been upgraded to a Kenwood stereo as well as all four speakers, looking to include 6x9s on parcel shelf soon. I have also wired a sub in, there is a nice tidy route through the car, I can send photos of rubber bung locations etc if anyone wants.

I changed the faulty ABS sensors which is a fair job if your bolts aren't too knackered!

I understand my car isn't the slickest about but as someone who has never worked on a car before I think the VRS is a great car and doesn't get the reputation it deserves!

IMG-20170316-WA0000.jpg

Edited by CalebSdeQ

• 2 months later...

So this morning on the way to work I had heard a wonderful bang and then loss of power...

After quickly pulling over and opening the hood up saw the boost pipes had popped off. Put them back together and basically the C clips are just there for decoration at the minute, got no strength left in them. 

I was planning on going for the solution in the uploaded image for now, anyone had any experience with this solution?

Cheers,

Caleb

20130529_200608_zpsd608bace.jpg

13 minutes ago, Graffiti said:

Think self tapper through pipe more common.

Either one will work fine.  :)

Ah yes, I had also heard of this one. Thank you very much, I will keep this in my mind in case I have the issue again aha. 

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the fix in the picture above and blasted it for a few miles, no issues whatsoever! Gonna complete this fix on the rest of the pipes and hopefully remove all boost leaks! :D

I modified a mikalor clamp to solve my issue. I'm running about 2bar of boost and have no issues at all. Must be a year or more since I did it. 

There's some pictures in my project thread somewhere.

17 hours ago, stevobeavo said:

I modified a mikalor clamp to solve my issue. I'm running about 2bar of boost and have no issues at all. Must be a year or more since I did it. 

There's some pictures in my project thread somewhere.

Cheers Stevobeavo, I will have a look into your project thread!:)

• 1 month later...

Sadly I am trading my VRS into a garage on Friday because it was eating a lot of money and when I was informed it was a Category D and a write off @ 50,000 miles, I didn't feel like putting my pregnant wife and soon new born in it!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me and it is the best car forum I have been in!

Good luck to everyone and their Fabia's and I hope no-one experiences the anger I felt when I found out about the Cat-D.

I purchased some brand new Pagid rear discs and pads and wondered if anyone was interested in them? Never been put on, taken out of the bag to check them but never had time to put them on.

Thank you again!

Caleb.

38 minutes ago, CalebSdeQ said:

Sadly I am trading my VRS into a garage on Friday because it was eating a lot of money and when I was informed it was a Category D and a write off @ 50,000 miles, I didn't feel like putting my pregnant wife and soon new born in it!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me and it is the best car forum I have been in!

Good luck to everyone and their Fabia's and I hope no-one experiences the anger I felt when I found out about the Cat-D.

I purchased some brand new Pagid rear discs and pads and wondered if anyone was interested in them? Never been put on, taken out of the bag to check them but never had time to put them on.

Thank you again!

Caleb.

Should have done a check bud. They're about £2.

Sorry to hear the news though : ( Maybe you'll be back one day.

1 minute ago, broguer said:

Should have done a check bud. They're about £2.

Sorry to hear the news though : ( Maybe you'll be back one day.

I know man... I bought from a garage with about 40 cars and was stupid enough to trust them. Handed them £3,500 for a Cat D :(

Maybe and hopefully! Thank you! :D