CV Boot (Inner) Replacement advice

Hi there guys.

Car has been sat over Winter over at my mothers.. Been abusing a little Corsa :D

Anyway, noticed the subframe was a bit greasy and upon further inspection notice that the Inner CV Joints are both knackered.

Cant find much on the forums in the way of guides/tips for the inner CV Joint.

I presume from a few videos I have watched that it is easier to remove the Driveshaft as opposed to replacing in situ?  So loosen centre spindle/nut, ball joint out, rotate wheel to one side, slide out outer CV/shaft - lost when it comes to the inner! 

Any input is appreciated! :D

I think its just 6 M14 Spline bolts that keep it in place?

Edited by MidWalesVRS

Are they reuseable and is there a torque value? Cant seem to find one. 

With it being a later model, it'll be fitted eith the 36mm 12 point hub nut I presume? Which will need to be replaced? Is TPS best place to search?

(Official/erWin) Instructions for the drive flange - CV bolts: 

replace after each removal

initially tighten to 10 Nm,

subsequently tighten

crosswise to final torque:

M10 screw:

50 Nm + 45°

M8 screw:

20 Nm + 180°

You're right about the hub nut, also a replace item.  6Q0407396B, I believe.

I imagine lots of folk re-use the driveshaft bolts, cos the cost mounts up if you need a dozen of them (e.g. for a gearbox removal/clutch change).

Edited by Wino

Top man Wino.

Seen a few conflicting theads with regard to the hub nut.. upon removal should the driveshaft come out freely.. seen threads talking about copper hammer taps and removal tool.

Cheers

The first time removal is attempted since factory build will be hard, as I understand it, because they are bonded in with something Loctite-ish. If it's been out before it'll be easy.

• Like 1