Immobiliser issues!

So as some of you will know I put a donor engine into my car this year, I always knew there would be an issue with the immobiliser.

What has been done so far

1) I have taken the ECU out of the donor car

2) Put the clocks out of the donor car into mine

3) Transponder out of the key and put it into my old key body so I dont have to change all the locks and ignition barrel

Now, I haven't put the Body control module into it yet, I was wandering if anyone else could point out things that I would need transplant into my car??

Or any advice regarding this subject??

Thanks

Do not think that the BCM will require changing, Wino can probably confirm, as this will already be coded to the equipment in your car.

The below would indicate that you may only need to change the BCM if you want to add functions not supported by your current BCM - an engine change shouldn't warrant this, and it also looks like you may have problems with your remotes that would require re-pairing with the new BCM.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/169586-vw-polo-diy-upgrading-bcm-body-control-module.html

1 hour ago, KeithCheetham said:

Do not think that the BCM will require changing, Wino can probably confirm, as this will already be coded to the equipment in your car.

The below would indicate that you may only need to change the BCM if you want to add functions not supported by your current BCM - an engine change shouldn't warrant this, and it also looks like you may have problems with your remotes that would require re-pairing with the new BCM.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/169586-vw-polo-diy-upgrading-bcm-body-control-module.html

Thanks for taking the time to reply mate, I swapped it over tonight anyway just to be safe, Im going to get an auto locksmith out to delete the immobiliser, and try and sort the key out, If not, Ill get a new key cut and programmed in.

What have you actually done it swapped a bigger engine in or what? As long as you have the matched each, dash and key chip it should be ok I'm not aware of the reader coil on the key barrel being coded to anything. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, felicia16v said:

What have you actually done it swapped a bigger engine in or what? As long as you have the matched each, dash and key chip it should be ok I'm not aware of the reader coil on the key barrel being coded to anything. 

The engine is another pd130 just tuned. They should be different immobilisers thought shouldn't they??

23 minutes ago, skodalad said:

The engine is another pd130 just tuned. They should be different immobilisers thought shouldn't they??

The engines are all the same, it's only the turbos that are changed with a remap to suit.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 23:53, sepulchrave said:

The engines are all the same, it's only the turbos that are changed with a remap to suit.

After reading this, I went back upto the garage and changed the ECU, Clocks and transponder from the key, And the issue is now sorted. Thanks Sepulchrave