Leaking rear brake calliper

Hi, i have a leaking rear brake calliper on my FL VRS hatch, it seems to be coming out of the bit were the handbrake connects as if the seals have gone, is this a common problem on these? I've been trying to source a replacement, most of the parts stores I've asked are saying they are not sure if the part comes already powder coated red, does anyone know we're i could source the part already powder coated red? Also are the callipers on these bosh or Lucas? One parts stores are saying they list a trw calliper in red  but when they are putting my reg number in its directing them to a calliper that's not painted red! Any help on this appreciated 

Catzeye

I had to replace one on my no longer with us F/L VRS.... got mine from here ....https://brakeparts.co.uk/#!/shop/SKODA/OCTAVIA/04-13/OCTAVIA 2.0 VRS DIESEL 170bhp -VIN:1Z/Rear - Brake Calipers and Wheel cylinders/BCA3895D just put in your reg number. :)

• Like 1

Hi catzeye, I  would say yes it is fairly common on the vag cars as I have had this occur on a 3 month old Seat Alhambra , various Audi cars and a couple of Vdubs all using the same caliper design and as Cward said they leak from the handbrake actuator.

• Like 1

Hi people's , thanks for replying, yeah car only has 32,000 miles on so was like, hold on ! How come its failed this early! But yeah seems it's common. Thanks for links, just guna buy replacement calliper