2002 Fabia comfort Wheel trim clips have broken. Can they be bought?

Hiya,

one of my (2002 Fabia comfort) wheel trims/cover/hub cap cover has fallen off.

its because the spring clips in the wheel trim have all rusted and snapped in half.

The actual wheel trims are fine,  just the spring clips that hold them on are knackered - so can replacement clips be bought?  if so does anyone have a part number or link to where they can be bought please?

Many thanks

thanks,

I did think of that, but for £15 seems a lot of money to buy potentially a cap that might have the same problem though, as these cars are pretty old,  the clips will have all but rusted and snapped on most cars I would have thought.

For £15 I'd take a chance, especially since there are usually photos on ebay and you can ask if the clips are rusty rather than trying to second-guess the matter.

Edit: Come to think of it I have an old 14" set in shed 4 from my comfort, they're not rusty, but I don't know if they're the same as yours.

Edited by sepulchrave

You can get the clips, I bought some for the trims on my Polo a while back.  Didn't really notice that the plastic they go into on the wheel trim was damaged as well as the clips being broken, so it was a waste of time for me.  Changed to the Skoda type trims like my missus's 2005 car has, that snap into the inside edge of the rim, they're a much better design (in retention terms).

Here's a link to an ebay auction, if you google image that part number I think you'll recognise them as the right type? Not cheap at more than a pound each delivered; may be worth asking your local dealer/TPS if they will get them for you, may be cheaper than Latvian-sourced ones. Maybe not.

Just now, Wino said:

:thumbup: 

Postage can be punishing from there, but it suggests that any dealer/TPS should be able to get them.

Yeah :)