SAT NAV UPDATE

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to backup the destination's to an SD card? I'm changing my car and have about a hundred destination's In my Sat nav and I'd also like to backup the resent destination's as I went on a two thousand miles Trip across Europe and as it keeps track of your trips I'd love to be able to re run it on a map.

Any help desperately needed as I've been told that my new car is going to be ready before I expected.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just got a black edition - I have one that looks like the earlier picture - How do I find out the version of map i'm on?

And whats stopping us posting the sd card to each other and "sharing" one purchase? or making an image that is shared via the sites file storage?

5 hours ago, stooz said:

Hi just got a black edition - I have one that looks like the earlier picture - How do I find out the version of map i'm on?

And whats stopping us posting the sd card to each other and "sharing" one purchase? or making an image that is shared via the sites file storage?

It locks itself to your car. 

Go to sav then hold down set up for 5 seconds then go to versions and it will tell you. 

15 minutes ago, stooz said:

Thats suggests that if i clone the SD card before I use it, I could give it to you and it will work in both our cars?

Nope, not possible. The sd card is tied to being used only in Amundsen Plus units, and the data which controls this is not accessible to normal machines, either Windows, Mac, Linux or otherwise. Once used in any Amundsen Plus unit it becomes locked to that unit alone.

There are ways of cloning an sd card, but it's way more complicated than just copying the data.

1 hour ago, Rustynuts said:

There are ways of cloning an sd card, but it's way more complicated than just copying the data

The best tool I know of for copying SD cards is HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool.  However, I know that some SD data/update cards have a corrupted area at a random position that is then noted in the valid data area.  Copying these cards will not work.

Wow. mine is a V5 map, so well worth the update. Lots about on ebay, one on amazon for £74. Just need to make sure I get the right one I guess? My manual says its an amuzen + but its the 6 button one like

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/AMD_knockhill2/F24AAA42-8118-4EFE-8870-F0FEE6983C88_zpsigvtjgii.jpg&key=7ddd5b401275bde639e1feb9d562dbba5abcc0fdd7543886f9fcf822037b5bb8

So I need a N135 card?

Also the citigo nav would show your GPS speed in MPH, this one doesnt? or will a new map include any new features like my speed? very handy in average speed camera zones

*How to define which unit is fitted in the car  RNS310 or  RNS315: 

Press SETUP and hold about 10 sec. On screen choice "Versions"

RNS 310 have only 3 information lines : 

1    Part number

2    Software versions 

3    System hardware versions

RNS 315 have 5 information lines:

1    Part number

2    Software versions

3    System hardware versions 

4    Navigation data: part number 

5    Navigation data: version

Just putting that there which may be of use to someone...

thanks - still cant decide on a rns315 or rns310, there are lots saying the SDcard is not compatible.  Ive google images the 310 and it looks the same.. how do I tell??!

If you do a check on your satnav the way it tells you in your earlier post 3 lines of text is the RNS310 and 5 lines of text is the RNS315 

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 13:33, stooz said:

sorry to bombard this board...

Anyone used these people??

https://www.satnavdisc.co.uk/Skoda/LATEST-2017-SKODA-AMUNDSEN-RNS315-V9-NEW-SD-CARD-SAT-NAV-UPDATE-EU-UK

I got an update from them earlier this year & it installed fine.

On 06/07/2017 at 22:27, A9X SJ said:

I jumped from 4 to 9

The only thing now is,sometimes when putting a postcode in not all the postcode letters light up on the keyboard

Even when I know the postcode exists.   :(