1.8TSI manual 250nm vs Superb's 320nm?

7 hours ago, Gromle said:

If I recall correctly, the 1.8tsi in the supeb has 320nm with manual gearbox and 250nm with the dsg7.

true, where the Octy has 250nm no matter the gearbox.

Which is strange because the 7DSG is the limiting factor for 250nm, why the manual is 250nm again..

4 hours ago, TTodorov said:

true, where the Octy has 250nm no matter the gearbox.

Not entirely correct, mine has a whooping 280nm (4x4). 

Im guessing it was limited to 250 on the manual because of vw and Audi....

10 minutes ago, Gromle said:

Not entirely correct, mine has a whooping 280nm (4x4). 

Im guessing it was limited to 250 on the manual because of vw and Audi....

agreed, 4x4 is more

can you elaborate about the VW/Audi limit, didn't get the idea

btw what do you think - are those nm enough, do they fit well the power (which is very optimal 180hp)

Edited by TTodorov

I just meant that perhaps the limit is to keep skoda down a notch, just like with the other tech (informtainment, lights and so on).

I very pleased with howthe engine performs. It feels strong without the need to rev it to get going.

I havent tried the 250nm version, so I cant compare.

Clearly the gearbox does matter, as the DSG is limited to 250Nm. It's the same in the Polo GTI where both versions get the same 0-60 time and VW claims that this as proof that the super fast gear change of the DSG is more then adequate as compensation for having less torque. Would be interested to see the in gear times though!

• Like 1

Well, to my knowledge there are at 3 different DSG boxes that people speak of on here, combining options of 6&7 vs. wet & dry, but being a manual box user I've never paid it too much attention. No idea how many forward gears the Polo GTI has, but it's definitely the case that at least one box in use on petrol Octavias is limited to 250Nm, and this must be the case on the Polo or they'd have given it the full 320!

My apologies, I was looking different on-line spec pages, like auto-data, where all versions were stated as 320Nm. On the PDF I've just downloaded from the site of my dealers (where I bought my 230) clearly says 250Nm for both versions, manual and DSG7.

4x4 has DSG6 and 280Nm.

So, 1.4 TSI and 1.8 TSI in FL (so far) have same amount of torque, 250Nm. The difference is 1.4 goes from 1500-3500, while 1.8 goes 1250-5000 rpm. I agree, the limit must be on the gearbox side, and most likely the DSG is with dry clutch.

That's it ;)

The RS (220 / 230) gets 350Nm through manual and DSG6. The all new RS 245 gets 370Nm through the DSG7 (WET) used in the new Golf R / T5 / TT RS / RS3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geek42 said:

Clearly the gearbox does matter, as the DSG is limited to 250Nm. 

Torque limiter only applies in 1st & 2nd gear on the DQ250 which is the 7 speed dry clutch

By the time mine is in 3rd I get all 303Nm

Edited by themanwithnoaim