Tuning the Vrs

Hi can anyone help me? I'm going to be fitting a custom gt28rs turbo with Bam injectors and bits to my vrs soon and want to know what I need to make sure the car will run it safefully.

Will the internals put up with 300bhp?

Ive been told once all fitted and mapped the car is capable of 300 to 350bhp.

I've read that high power figures the engine will need better con rods..

Can someone who knows about this tell me exactly what I should be doing and what I need.

Thank you 

Edited by Sean9090

Internals on an AUQ engine are maxed out at 299bhp, 299lbft. That's also what R-Tech recommend as the maximum power on standard rods. You'd need stronger rods to make 350.

R-Techs website lists the supporting mods youll need to reach those figures

5 hours ago, Sean9090 said:

Id be happy with 300. So i can keep the internals standard at this power rate and be  ok? Thank u 

Some people still have problems before 300, but that seems to recommended maximum power. 

It's theoretically safe but you're absolutely on the bleeding edge for standard parts; the least casting, machining or heat treatment flaw and something could go BANG!

Edited by KenONeill

One thing that hasn't been mentioned - how good is the standard lump that you have? Does it have a spotless FSH? Is it high mileage? Personally if I was looking to wrangle that much power out of an engine, then rather than stress the stock internals, go +1 with it. Build a safety margin in at the very beginning, rather than max out the limits of standard parts, do that and you are potentially asking for a failure.

Thanks for the advice. The mileage is 120000 miles and it has well documented service history, car runs spot on ive only changed coil packs and service the car since ive had it. 

Whats the safety margin then what should i do then to prevent anything going wrong...