Octavia vRS (MY15) wing mirror scratched

Good evening all, 

I am coming up to the end of my 2 year lease and I am due to hand my Octavia vRS (MY15) back in a couple of months.

Last year some time I scraped the wing mirror in a car park.  The car will be inspected prior to handing it back and I doubt this is going to class as fair wear and tear haha.  It is one of the folding mirrors and the mechanism has not been affected by the scrape.  It still folds and opens as expected.  The scratches are literally on the plastic glass surround (not on the main shell at the back).  I guess by the way that the sections have separated that the black glass surround clips off completely from the rest of the housing.  If that is the case, does anyone know if I could get a replacement plastic surround (and where from please?) that I can just clip back in or am I looking at a whole new wing mirror replacement?

Many thanks in advance

Jimmy

17522145_1874647032794634_347340447_o.jpg

Edited by Jimmymc

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon.  The new part has arrived but it looks a little more involved than I was expecting.  I thought it would literally be just the plastic surround that clips on and off.  I didn't realise it was actually a whole part which the glass sits in.

Has anyone successfully replaced one of these?  Do you reckon a body shop garage would be able to swap it over or am I likely to have to fork out for a whole new wing mirror?

I am quite reluctant to take it to Skoda directly as I imagine they will outright say that a full replacement wing mirror is required.

Cheers in advance

20170512_132509.jpg

20170512_132322.jpg