steering angle sensor issues

Gary187

Hi,

Apologies if I am in the wrong section. (new to this)

I am having a few issues with my Skoda Octavia 2013 1.6 diesel.

occasionally I have an issue with the steering, the red steering light comes up and I find the steering goes heavy and loses the power steering. after sometime the lights goes yellow then goes off and the steering is fine.

After checking with my trusty VAG garage have found it comes up with Code 294 B1168 Steering Angle Sensor too Low and also 12900H/76032 undocumented code.

After much despair booked my car in my local (dare I say it) main dealer. upon diagnosis they have told me that I would need to replace the steering angle sensor at a cost of £1500. also once they fit this part then they will see if there are any other issues (this of course would cost me more money).

also get the codes:

B1168F2 - Steering wheel angle sensor, No initialisation.

B200FF0 - Internal Failure

B20000 - ECU Internal Failure

please can someone help....

Gary

• 5 months later...

Hello guys ! I was following your post and I have a similar issue:

Skoda octavia MKII tdi 1,9 4x4 from 2005. It works fantastic, no problem. My only issue is that i have a yellow wheel lamp on the dashboard but the steering works perfect. I have to go through the car yearly control and I want to reset the lamp otherwise the control will not be approved. (The lamp normally takes 1 or 2 days to come back ON since I have the car plug to the VAG on a dealer and the lamp went off for some days). Is it possible to turn off this lamp with a vag-com i can buy from internet, just to pass the car control ?   I have zero experience using this tool so is there any cheap easy to use vag-com that you recommend for this ?

For Gary187. on my car the VAGcom diagnostic issued fail code on the steering angle sensor at Skoda oficial workshop. They quoted 1450 pounds for the full steering column (said the sensor is in-built so can not change only the sensor) and quoted 850 pounds for labour. My car cost 4000 pounds at most. So it is a no-go for me.