Kodiaq at Prague airport

1 hour ago, bigboss said:

Petrol blue is absolutely amazing!!

Yes it is :biggrin:

• 1 year later...
On 16/04/2017 at 20:07, bigboss said:

Petrol blue is absolutely amazing

And yet more photos that don't do it justice! You really do need to see it 'in the flesh'.

I agree. Based on seeing photos and the sample at the dealer, I didn’t choose petrol blue. If I’d seen one in the flesh it would be a different story - slightly regretting my decision now. I’m consoling myself with the idea that petrol blue will probably be harder to keep looking clean in the winter...

11 hours ago, MrTrilby said:

I’m consoling myself with the idea that petrol blue will probably be harder to keep looking clean in the winter...

No harder than any other colour - they all look mucky within 5 minutes of driving somewhere.

Well... apart from my dad's "Autumn Gold" Passat - that's just brown to start with and so hides the dirt quite nicely :D.

I’ve always found silver and metallic white do a decent job of hiding salt and light road grime. Black and dark colours show them almost the moment you’ve finished washing the car. 

2 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

White cars 'showing' the dirt is a myth.

Its one of the best colours for hiding it in my opinion.

And I think most people would disagree with you.

The only colour car I've ever had thats hidden general road dirt well, is Silver.  The Black Superb we have now, is awful, and the Navy Blue Pearl Audi A6 I had was awful.  My mums White volvo was the worst though, as it was a solid white (white van man white)

2 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

White cars 'showing' the dirt is a myth.

Its one of the best colours for hiding it in my opinion.

Having had a white yeti, I can only agree with this comment, hence I chose the same colour for my Kodiaq.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hwr1983 said:

And I think most people would disagree with you.

The only colour car I've ever had thats hidden general road dirt well, is Silver.  The Black Superb we have now, is awful, and the Navy Blue Pearl Audi A6 I had was awful.  My mums White volvo was the worst though, as it was a solid white (white van man white)

Exactly, white goes from white to 'slightly less white'.

I'm talking day to day road grime here from wet roads, not mud from driving through a ploughed field.

I've had two white cars now, the current one is Moon white, which hides the dirt as well as my 'wet tarmac grey' Superb.

White can still look white (or clean) when covered in a thin layer of dirt, a lot of other colours can't.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2017 at 20:08, bigboss said:

IMG_20170416_204822.jpg

This photo has got my reconsidering switching my order back (from moon white with black triglav's) to Quartz Grey and standard Sirius wheels.. My dealer is really going to hate me!

2 hours ago, Krooked said:

This photo has got my reconsidering switching my order back (from moon white with black triglav's) to Quartz Grey and standard Sirius wheels.. My dealer is really going to hate me!

That is exactly what I have Krooked - love it. 

At risk of starting something - I think the Sirius wheels are far better than the Triglavs..

5 minutes ago, mantrahalos said:

At risk of starting something - I think the Sirius wheels are far better than the Triglavs..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if they are obviously wrong :tongueout:.

7 hours ago, Krooked said:

Those alloys are the Sirius, but they aren't the standard silver ones off the SE L, they're in anthracite and come as standard on the L&K...

KODIAQ_LAURIN_KLEMENT_Geneva_11-1440x1021.thumb.jpg.a80026b20d637300e257ba9836cecbd5.jpg

The Triglavs can be had in silver, anthracite or black, but it seems in the UK Skoda have chosen to offer the Sirius in silver only, presumably keeping the anthracite version to one side ready for the launch of the L&K...

Capture.JPG.f1d7d5fa02d0db89d5b4f52b90a00ccb.JPG

5afb15153fb65_Capture1.thumb.JPG.57b7b2a56a2fcd2a8ce6c3cfcb13dcf0.JPG

Are you based in Czech?

Ordered last year and it's still not arrived? You must bite your tongue when reading our moans at UK delivery times!

Yes based in Prague.

End of last year the order wait time was up to 12months, only recently they have got it down to 3 to 4months for new orders and Karoq is now up at 9 to 12months.

Edited by scottprague
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 15/05/2018 at 18:13, silver1011 said:

Those alloys are the Sirius, but they aren't the standard silver ones off the SE L, they're in anthracite and come as standard on the L&K...

KODIAQ_LAURIN_KLEMENT_Geneva_11-1440x1021.thumb.jpg.a80026b20d637300e257ba9836cecbd5.jpg

The Triglavs can be had in silver, anthracite or black, but it seems in the UK Skoda have chosen to offer the Sirius in silver only, presumably keeping the anthracite version to one side ready for the launch of the L&K...

Capture.JPG.f1d7d5fa02d0db89d5b4f52b90a00ccb.JPG

5afb15153fb65_Capture1.thumb.JPG.57b7b2a56a2fcd2a8ce6c3cfcb13dcf0.JPG

Is the colour of the car shown Brilliant Silver?