Anyone replaced clutch with an Oem one on a stage 1?

As the title says, heard that a oem clutch is more than capable with a stage 1 on a tfsi vrs. Just wana confirm this. Not got big money to spend and my clutch is slipping since my remap so was hoping I could just replace with oem. 

I wouldnt fit anything apart from a genuine clutch from TPS. Sachs and LUK are good clutches and in fairness I accon recall who makes the genuine clutches now. It does pay to pay a little extra for a genuine clutch as they should last and come with a 2 year part warranty for peace of mind. I always think pay cheap pay twice and a clutch isnt an easy fit part.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

unsure about petrol clutch but TDi clutch has limit 400Nm with standard ECU calibration 320Nm. With typical percent-master chiptuner, you can easily get over 400Nm and typical outcry of destroyed clutch combined with misunderstanding of proper engine utilisation.

If you know how to use engine output properly...you still have OEM clutch even after remap and heavy duty racing abuse.