Removing adhesive from glass

Coops

Pop into your local pharmacy and ask for some Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA).  Perfect for removing glue and residue; I use it to remove old tubular tyre glue from carbon rims.  Should be ~£3 for a small medicine like bottle.

Keep the car doors open and apply with a mf cloth or similar.  It evaporates very quickly too. 

EDIT:  Or just try some nail varnish remover 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

THanks for all the responses, car is away at the bodyshop so can't do anything just yet.

Think I'll try nail varnish remover first then move onto IPA and/or De Solv It

You got any fine 0000 wire wool? Assuming no aftermarket tints (if interior)

First pass with this - lubricating/using with a light shampoo mix as you would a clay bar.

Then degrease and final residue removal with an IPA mix or CarPro Eraser for example.

25 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

You got any fine 0000 wire wool? Assuming no aftermarket tints (if interior)

First pass with this - lubricating/using with a light shampoo mix as you would a clay bar.

Then degrease and final residue removal with an IPA mix or CarPro Eraser for example.

No, nothing like that unfortunately. It's just some residue from some passes I had in the car over the weekend.

It's a pain because the passes covered up the left hand side of the screen and I remembered not to use the adhesive on the passes for this exact reason so used sellotape but got the same but not as bad! Plus the windscreen is only a few weeks old and still in a good condition.

I'm gonna try some nail polish remover when the car returns.

I remove the dealer stickers (Not sure if it's similar to what your trying to do) but to remove glue and residue afterwards I use a little tar and glue remover on a cloth. 

Wipe away with IPA then just use a glass cleaner. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

I remove the dealer stickers (Not sure if it's similar to what your trying to do) but to remove glue and residue afterwards I use a little tar and glue remover on a cloth. 

Wipe away with IPA then just use a glass cleaner. 

Bingo. Think I've got a small sample of Tardis kicking around somewhere, I'll give that a bash first.

:thumbup: