Touch screen frozen

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

It's a Common Fault, I believe there's an Software Up date to supposedly to cure the problem

Yep.  Happened to me.  It resets to normal when you take the key out of the ignition.  Dealer applied the software fix some time ago and no more problem..........until 2 days ago!  Now it is back.  Oh well first thing on the list for the next service.

Mine is tempremental, especially in low temperatures.

I gave the screen a good clean a while back and it seems to be better behaved, although the (slightly) warmer weather since may be hiding the cold temperature issue.

8 minutes ago, Bead said:

Mine out of warranty, they want £64.80 to do software update. Or free if I get major 4th service which is £289. 

It's a known problem or as a dealer would say  "  We've never heard of a screen freezing before "

Ring Skoda UK  0333 037 504 and lodge a complaint

• 1 year later...
On 26/04/2017 at 13:09, WillM82 said:

Mine is tempremental, especially in low temperatures.

I gave the screen a good clean a while back and it seems to be better behaved, although the (slightly) warmer weather since may be hiding the cold temperature issue.

3 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Mine does it occasionally, somewhat ironically when the weather is cold or freezing. 

Mine did it once when it was very cold and when googling I stumbled across an article that said there was a way to change sensitivity of the HU screen and it was recommended for cold climates.  It was something I did from the stereo itself (Columbus).  Can't remember what it was and can't seem to find the article either ..... sod all use I know but there is something that can be done and I haven't had the issue since