Buying a used Octavia Estate - MkII vs MkII, parking sensors

zeroid

Hi, I'm new to this forum but been researching used models.

I'm looking for a DSG estate with a decent spec, particularly it must have parking sensors.  Parkers says the trims that have this included are (MkII) Elegance, SE Connect, SE Plus, L&K and with MkIII its all except the basic S model, but I know Parkers is not always right?

I wanted to know if when it comes as standard for the trim it would always be the optical/visual parking system or sometimes its just the beepers.  Are there any trims that always have the optical system and fronts as well as rears?

Apart from that is there anything to know about when comparing a late MkII with MKIII?  I prefer the interior and shape of the MkIII but could live with MkII if it saves me some cash and is basically the same underneath.  I'm not really sure about best engines either, I think petrol is probably fine for us (we will do a few very long trips during the year but all short trips otherwise) however most models on the market are Diesel and in particular the 1.6 TDI.  Are there any DPF issues to worry about?

Also considering a Golf Estate but its even harder to get the spec (parking sensors at least).

I have a mk11 elegence 1.9tdi estate no dpf !! only available up to 2010 though, rear parking sensors with bar schematics on radio display, no front sensors 

many who have had a mk11 and then the mk111 state the build quality comfort and headroom is superior in the mk11, lots of advice on the Octavia threads

Thanks for the info.  I can't see me buying a car older than 6 years unless it had a warranty (there are barely any MkIIs on approved used these days.. a good independent dealer could be one option I guess).

So after 2010 means facelifted MkII right?  Is that when the display was modernised too?

No, facelift was 2009 well at least my car is a facelift, not sure what the display variations are other than there is a updated maxi-dot version which is more explicit regarding things like which actual door is open, amoungst other things...

too echo what I have read on hear try to avoid pd engines with pdf but allegedly the later CR Diesel engine is less problematic, but IMO no Diesel engine likes repeated short journeys 

the petrol 1.4 tsi is held in high regard I believe

to get your warranted approved car you will most likely be looking at a mk111, plenty on the forecourts try a few and haggle hard to get the best that suits you

• Like 1