Spare Wheel Screw/Holder

Does anyone have the correct part number for this? I've bought a spare and would like to keep it in place. 

Also. Will it move around that much? Will I really need it? 

Oh a spare wheel will bump around if its not secured properly. I can attest to that from practical experience in 45 years of car ownership.

I had the same issue, I believe the part you quoted also requires a plate and or bolt to screw into. This part utilises the existing securing point in the base of the steering wheel well 1K0803899D. Works fine in my non  vrs O2 fl estate.

13 hours ago, Canders said:

I had the same issue, I believe the part you quoted also requires a plate and or bolt to screw into. This part utilises the existing securing point in the base of the steering wheel well 1K0803899D. Works fine in my non  vrs O2 fl estate.

I haven't had chance to look in the boot yet. (It's full of caravaning stuff) but I think this part is the one I need and not the part I first thought. 

Thansk. 

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 07:57, DIESELind said:

Thanks. That's good to know. 

I think ive found the right part number too. 

Can anyone confirm if 1JO 803 899 is the correct part number?

Looks good to me, just checked the number on a spare one I have:

20170505_170546_zpsojzj6d5w.jpg

20170505_170607_zps9z2lpuda.jpg

20170505_170654_zpsgtzf8qx8.jpg

20170505_171033_zpsdfa9x4hu.jpg

It has a D at the end though as per the post above.

Edited by Bogwoppit

• 9 months later...

I have recently purchased a full size spare wheel for my Skoda Octavia 66 plate . Will the part 1K0 803 899D be enough to secure the wheel on its own or will an additional part be needed? 

Does anyone one know of an online Uk outlet where this part could be bought! Thanks in advance. 

Can’t comment on your newer model but the part number you quote is the same as I use in my 2009 FL and it keeps it nice and snug. 

I have a full size spare so I don’t think it would move much anyways but it is nice to know it’s not going anywhere.